AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d piping model valve number missing & issue about ortho create

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Arch_art
672 Views, 3 Replies

3d piping model valve number missing & issue about ortho create

Hi,

I had issues with my valve number in 3d modelling disapear partially. My valve tag is in format of "CODE-Area Number-number". I have about 15-20 model in the project. Sometimes, I will find my the CODE and number in tag disappeared, and sometimes it is ok. I was suspect it is something to do with when I did the project audit and purge or something, if I don't have all the drawings closed. But it appears not. I can't understand why it will retain some information.

One other issue: I have our structural model created in Revit and exported as 3D solid and put into the project. When the structural model changed, I copy the new model to the drawing and delete the existing model. When I create ortho drawings. The behaviour of the ortho creation is not always the same. Meaning, sometime, I will be able to get a section through the model, sometimes not. I did a bit of experiment, I used exactly the same model, This is a concrete digester, and I want to create a section through the middle of digester. If I try to create a left section, it doesn't show anything. If I try to create a Front section, it give me perfect section. I don't understand this. Also, sometimes, if I union some of the solid in order to get rid of the unnecessary lines in ortho, sometimes, after I union some solid, after update the ortho view, the sections that was there will gone. Anyone knows what is this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Attila.Vallyon
in reply to: Arch_art

Which version do you have?

Because the in older versions when you update the pipe spec in the model you loose the valve tags. But in the 2013 version it has been fixed.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 3 of 4
Arch_art
in reply to: Attila.Vallyon

Yes, I am using Plant 3D 2012. So how much the tag information will lose?

Message 4 of 4
Arch_art
in reply to: Arch_art

Sorry, I mean to what extend that the information in tag will lose? Do you know? It seems that the information will retain a bit. And even with the one that lost the information, it still retain "Area number" at all time. This is just strange!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost