AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 New Features

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
dave.wolfe
923 Views, 7 Replies

2014 New Features

We have an article detailing some new features in 2014 with links to the new features list published in the help files.

http://www.pdoteam.com/2013/04/autocad-plant-3d-2014new-features/

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Any software can't be improved in a day, it will take time. I am happy with some good features they have come up with Orthographic.

Request Autodesk to seriously concentrate the following in 2015 relase 1. Spec driven P&ID, 2. Shape intelligent for RCC, cable tray and ducts, 3. Improvements in Isometric, 4. section box as like in Revit.The above will take the software into next level and It could compete with major software. in market.

Also, it will boost our day-to-day activities.

There are lot of advantages there, if P&ID is spec driven, if it is made, it can be user for Proposal stage also.

Message 3 of 8
bmv1365

hi
there are a lot of problems in iso generation in 2013 now what are new features about that?
Message 4 of 8
Arun_Kumar_K

I imagine there won't be much improvement on that front. You will find good improvement only in ortho. Autodesk might be overconfident with their Isometric engine, so not much development happened, in my opinion.
Message 5 of 8
dave.wolfe
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

I'm pretty sure Autodesk knows where they stand on isometrics. I've heard there have been a lot of bug fixes, but I haven't been able to find any new features.  I personally have been involved in issue resolution with isometrics so I know they are aware of problems, but sometimes the solution is not simple.  IMO, the isometric structure and setup is well-defined, but as with any young product, it needs some more finishing work done.  I'm excited by the way they worked out the orthographic generation.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 6 of 8
Arun_Kumar_K

Thanks for sharing your views. Hope to see great improvements in Isometric by 2015.
Message 7 of 8
bmv1365

hi

we speak about a great company . we expect too more than this.I offer the people who post in wish list specify how many of their considration is involved in 2014.

It seems autodesk didn't spend enough time on new release and pay attention that this software is not too young . it is autocad based this means they don't need to change graphicaly directly.

I asked some question on iso creation and i found no answer even one ! it is very disappointing.

Message 8 of 8
Arun_Kumar_K

Everyone who uses Plan3d, have the same frustration what you have. But we have to live with that. I don't have an idea, how Autodesk withdrawn Isogen without fully developed their isometric engine, as it is directly affecting their business. Be patient, let hope they will develop isometric engine by 2015 release. Otherwise there is no option, we should change the platform

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost