AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Iso generation failure

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
philip
2199 Views, 7 Replies

2014 Iso generation failure

Started a new job in 2014 have copied and migrated our specs \ catalogoues  etc to 2014, have run though modeling etc and then decided to add a new valve type and do a test run of the iso  which failed, so after testing descovered it was items like valves, tees, elbows which where causing my issue (can run an iso of a straight pipe okay and flanges)

Thought I would test the Sample project so ran line 1038 line off and got the following (same as what i am getting from my project)

Iso Creation start time : 24/06/2013 9:13:22 a.m.
Iso Creation finish time: 24/06/2013 9:13:32 a.m.
Duration                : 00:00:10
Output folder           : C:\Users\philip\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014\R19.1\enu\SampleProjects\SampleProject\Isometric\Final_ANSI-C\ProdIsos\Drawings
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Isometric(s) were not able to be created:
C:\Users\philip\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014\R19.1\enu\SampleProjects\SampleProject\Isometric\Final_ANSI-C\PCFs\1038.pcf
INFO    - Loading input: 'C:\Users\philip\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014\R19.1\enu\SampleProjects\SampleProject\Isometric\Final_ANSI-C\PCFs\1038.pcf'
INFO    - Loaded '1' model(s).
INFO    - Processing: '1038'.
WARNING - No break points have been specified.
INFO    - Model-split has been skipped.
WARNING - Invalid filter expression: 'Existing = 'false' AND SpoolNumber <> '''.
FAILURE - eInvalidExtents

Thought I would post this before trying to do a reinstall of the software.

Need an answer as have a dead line coming up which will reuire iso's run off.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Dan.Scales
in reply to: philip

Hi,

Are you using a profile other than the standard <<unnamed profile>>?

If so, try setting the profile back the the <<unnamed profile>> and retest.

Note:
After resetting the profile you may need to reload the PnP.cuix file using the MENU command.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 8
philip
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Unable to do that as I've done a reinstall which has fixed the problem. but it would be worth while remebering this if it happens again, after i've reset up my profile.

Thanks for the reply.

Message 4 of 8
forthinline

I was having the same problem, and found the solution listed here. reverting back to the <<unnamed Profile>> fix the problem (after many hours trying). Very strange that isometric production does not work for different profiles. Does this mean that the profile will always need to be <<unnamed Profile>> ? I find this very strange.

Message 5 of 8
JohnHolder
in reply to: Dan.Scales

reset my profile now 3d piping workspace is gone. reinstalling. again.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 6 of 8
dpreezm
in reply to: forthinline

Hey Guys,

This reply might be a bit too late but, I have found an issue with this that is related to the Iso symbol block. If a symbol's block should contain any text items etc. this confuses the isometric generation. 

I had a flow meter symbol with the letter "Q" in the symbol, removed it and now it works perfect!

Hope this helps...

-=StevieWonder=-
"Trust me, I'm a draftsman"
Message 7 of 8
Wartlik

i have the same error message (Exsisting/Spoolnumber etc). when i generate a iso drawing whitout valves then does it works! something in the partsettings is wrong-but i dont know what it is. maybe you know it. please see the appendix.
Message 8 of 8
RahilHamzah
in reply to: Wartlik

Hello All, 

I'm facing the same issue here.

Unfortunately I'm using "unnamed profile" but still error when generate ISO.

I need to have text on my ISO Symbol as requirement from client.

Anyone can help?

What should i do?

Thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost