AutoCAD Plant 3D General

Distinguished Contributor
philip
Message 1 of 5 (465 Views)

2014 Iso generation failure

465 Views, 4 Replies
06-23-2013 02:27 PM

Started a new job in 2014 have copied and migrated our specs \ catalogoues  etc to 2014, have run though modeling etc and then decided to add a new valve type and do a test run of the iso  which failed, so after testing descovered it was items like valves, tees, elbows which where causing my issue (can run an iso of a straight pipe okay and flanges)

Thought I would test the Sample project so ran line 1038 line off and got the following (same as what i am getting from my project)

Iso Creation start time : 24/06/2013 9:13:22 a.m.
Iso Creation finish time: 24/06/2013 9:13:32 a.m.
Duration                : 00:00:10
Output folder           : C:\Users\philip\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014\R19.1\enu\SampleProjects\SampleProject\Isometric\Final_ANSI-C\ProdIsos\Drawings
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Isometric(s) were not able to be created:
C:\Users\philip\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014\R19.1\enu\SampleProjects\SampleProject\Isometric\Final_ANSI-C\PCFs\1038.pcf
INFO    - Loading input: 'C:\Users\philip\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014\R19.1\enu\SampleProjects\SampleProject\Isometric\Final_ANSI-C\PCFs\1038.pcf'
INFO    - Loaded '1' model(s).
INFO    - Processing: '1038'.
WARNING - No break points have been specified.
INFO    - Model-split has been skipped.
WARNING - Invalid filter expression: 'Existing = 'false' AND SpoolNumber <> '''.
FAILURE - eInvalidExtents

Thought I would post this before trying to do a reinstall of the software.

Need an answer as have a dead line coming up which will reuire iso's run off.

Product Support
Message 2 of 5 (427 Views)

Re: 2014 Iso generation failure

06-25-2013 04:09 AM in reply to: philip

Hi,

Are you using a profile other than the standard <<unnamed profile>>?

If so, try setting the profile back the the <<unnamed profile>> and retest.

Note:
After resetting the profile you may need to reload the PnP.cuix file using the MENU command.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Distinguished Contributor
philip
Message 3 of 5 (416 Views)

06-25-2013 01:06 PM in reply to: Dan.Scales

Unable to do that as I've done a reinstall which has fixed the problem. but it would be worth while remebering this if it happens again, after i've reset up my profile.

Thanks for the reply.

Message 4 of 5 (254 Views)

11-21-2013 08:19 PM in reply to: philip

I was having the same problem, and found the solution listed here. reverting back to the <<unnamed Profile>> fix the problem (after many hours trying). Very strange that isometric production does not work for different profiles. Does this mean that the profile will always need to be <<unnamed Profile>> ? I find this very strange.

Valued Mentor
JohnHolder
Message 5 of 5 (118 Views)

02-25-2014 11:20 AM in reply to: Dan.Scales
reset my profile now 3d piping workspace is gone. reinstalling. again.
An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community