AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 error with Catalog Block vs. Custom Part non-error

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Rcfuss
595 Views, 15 Replies

2011 error with Catalog Block vs. Custom Part non-error

I am creating iso's currently and noticed that if I iso a line that has a catalog block it won't see the block and cause an error on the iso and create 2 pages.  If I take the same block and create a custom part, I have no issue.

Attached is1 line iso that has been generated with a check valve that has been blocked in a catalog (2 sheets) and the same line that has been blocked through the plantcustomparts command (1 sheet).

The facing and pressure class codes match.  This happens to every catalog part I have made.

Thank you,

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
awerning
in reply to: Rcfuss

When you create a custom catalog part you have to make sure it is assigned a valid SKEY (the symbol that isogen uses).  Have you checked this on your new components?

Message 3 of 16
Rcfuss
in reply to: awerning

I was lookning for this in the catalog editior and could not find this is that where it resides?

Best Regards

Message 4 of 16
awerning

I have to go from memory on my explanations of the dialog (cuz my Plant 3D software is at home...and I am not), but...

1) Go to the Catalog editor tab

2) Select your components in the lower section (catalog browser)

3) In the upper section, on the "general properties" tab, on the far right are the "component properties"

4) Scroll down to the bottom of that list

That's where I remember it...

Message 5 of 16
RSFAdsk
in reply to: awerning

Yes, that's where it is (image attached).  Using plantcustomparts is a good way to test the block based geometry before adding it to a catalog.  It also provides candidates for Iso TYPE and SKEY values that can be used when creating the catalog component.

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 16
Rcfuss
in reply to: RSFAdsk

Thanks for all the help.  Is there a place where I can find all the SKEY abbreviations?

Message 7 of 16
RSFAdsk

A quick place to start is IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap.xml.  You can also load IsoSymbolStyles.dwg and BEDIT to see the complete list and symbols.  As you assign SKEYs, locating a similar part in the catalog might be the most convienient method. 

We don't document the list, but you can export the catalog to excel, Unprotected Sheet, and Remove Duplicates from the Content Iso Symbol Definition column.

Richard Frank
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 16
Rcfuss

Do you know where I can find these files.  I can not find any of these files or the drawing when doing a search through windows explorer whether it's in the plant3d directory or in the project directory.

Message 9 of 16
RSFAdsk

The Iso symbol mapping and library settings are project specific.  You can find the files in the Isometric folder in each project (for example: C:\SampleProject\Isometric\IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap.xml).

Richard Frank
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 16
Rcfuss

You keep referring to an ISOMETRIC folder.  The closest thing to that in my project folder is an isogen folder which does not contain the files.

Message 11 of 16
RSFAdsk

Oops.  regarding the symbol library I described 2012, not 2011 as you clearly say in the title.  For the catalog settings, 2011 and 2012 are the same.  Isogen/IsogenSymbols.dwg in your project is the correct file.  Sorry ;/

Richard Frank
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 16
Rcfuss

That's okay.  I found the drawing but the only symbols that are in there are the onces for the isogen message and isogen info blocks.  There are no other blocks in that drawing.

Message 13 of 16
neonade

You can find iso key symbols used by any Cad Softwares with an isogen setting for isometric extraction, like PDS, CADworx

Message 14 of 16
Rcfuss

I found a symbol library that has all the definitions for the ISOGEN symbol Keys.  I am not sure if 2012's ISOGEN package uses the exact same keys, but this reference should be an available item found in the Plant3D documentation.

Appreciate everyones help

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 15 of 16
PeterQuinn

The same SKEYs are used for compatibility with PCFs from other systems.

We are intending to make better customization reference materials available in the future.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 16
Rcfuss
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost