AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 Floating Node Points in model space

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Rcfuss
329 Views, 4 Replies

2011 Floating Node Points in model space

When modeling piping, there seems to be floating node points that appear as the project progresses in the model.  It might be from a move, it might be from changing a line #, it might be from a copy I DON"T KNOW. 

What I do know is that these points (nodes) are NOT weld points.

These points will cause an isometric drawing to fail.

The only way we have been dealing with these are to delete them when we see them floating in space.

Has anybody come across this issue and is there a solution to this?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: Rcfuss

I think you might be seing old 'connectors'

the balloon notification to remove orphaned fasteners should remove them...cant remember if you can turn this on or off

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 3 of 5
Rcfuss
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Thank you that did work.  I am curious though, are these fasteners strictly from xref's or can they be from copying or mirroring objects?  There seems to be more of these orphaned fasteners from lines that didn't connect to an xref.

Message 4 of 5
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: Rcfuss

copying is not so bad...but mirror and array seems a bit dodgy (may or maynot work depending on where the moon is in saturn)

I havent noticed a correlation with xrefs

When you move or copy components make sure your selecting the connectors as well (append connected...line number...crossing window or use the little blue grips and arrows on the parts). correct selectionmethods will help reduce the 'leftovers'

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 5 of 5
Rcfuss
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost