AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 different computers show 2 different images

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
blorich
587 Views, 5 Replies

2 different computers show 2 different images

We have a file on a network that opens and looks different depending on the computer we open it with.  There are a couple different pipes, steel members and other plant 3d items.  We are using 2013.  When I open the .dwg, the steel and other things are not in the correct location.  When the other guy opens it, it shows all the peices in the same area.  We checked and we are both in the same file.  When we open it in Navis works, it shows that the peices are scrambled.  Anyone have any ideas? why the same file looks different?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dave.wolfe
in reply to: blorich

Can you post screenshots?

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 6
blorich

The first image is what the one computer see's and the second image is what the other computer see's.  The guy who moved it see's the top image and think's that everything he moved looks correctly.  When I open the file I see that not everything moved correctly, and that only somethings moved. Including that when he moved things, even Plant 3D created equipment got messed up, the tank on the bottom right corner ended up moving the cylinder and 1 head, and left the other head in its original location. 

We thought we found a solution and that the hardware acceleration was not turned on, but after a couple hours it started happening again.

view 2.PNGview 1.PNG

Message 4 of 6
blorich

Anyone else have this problem yet/

Message 5 of 6
dennis

Did y'all try updating the graphics card driver from Autodesk driver list?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

Message 6 of 6
blorich
in reply to: dennis

@Dennis, yes we updated his graphics card.  unfortunately we have not been able to re-create this problem with anyone elses computer. So it's just one guy so I think a re-format is required.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost