Now that the launch of the new Autodesk Plant Design Suite 2013 (along with a whole lot of other Autodesk products) is public, I thought you'd find it helpful to get a high-level overview of the new features in both AutoCAD P&ID 2013 and AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013.
Improved how P&ID components move and stretch to meet a designers expectations. You now have a live preview reporting results before you finalize a stretch or move command.
In this drawing, the left view shows what happens if you use STRETCH on a normal AutoCAD line: the line detaches from the tank. The right view shows stretching the schematic line, moving the tank, and keeping the nozzle attached. The dotted lines represent the new live preview of potential results as you move the cursor before finalizing the command.
The following changes make stretching faster and more intuitive:
- Live preview shows what will occur before the stretch is completed.
- Inline components remain inline after any stretch action.
- End of line assets remain at the end of lines.
- Tags retain their associations and attachments.
- Lines and signal lines are automatically re-routed (note that SLINEORTHO must be on (=1) to include orthogonal lines).
- Illegal changes are rejected.
Plant 3D Features 3D Modeling Features
- Pipe Supports
- Pipe Bends
- Valve Operators
- Stub-Ins, Tapping, and Reinforcement Pads
- Instrumentation and Custom Parts
- Plant SDK
Specs and Catalogs
- Valve Operators
- Catalog Builder
- Component Creation
- Bolt Mapping
You can also find out more details about the new features, including some nice graphics, right here: http://autocad.autodesk.com/?nd=plant2013newfeatur
And please let us know what you think!
All the best,
Community Program Manager
Autodesk Plant Solutions
when will it be avaliable to be downloaded via the subscription center.
"Do or do not... there is no try"