AutoCAD P&ID General

*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 11 of 18 (584 Views)

Re: unwantewd bold text

11-01-2011 09:09 PM in reply to: Dan.Scales

thats because anti-aliasing is disabled for true type font. Use the dview command as explain in the previous post. If still doesn't fix the problem, try re-enter the object z position (to 0) using properties palette.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
bwilson
Message 12 of 18 (485 Views)

10-24-2013 07:35 AM in reply to: Rave.Tam

The Items that I have that are bold are multileaders. I can copy one that is not bold, and it will sometimes become bold. create a new one, and it is sometimes bold. The dview did not promt for a target, it prompted for a point. If I put in 0,0,0 then it asks for the other end of the selection window, not camera. (I am running Civil 3d 2014 but have had this problem in previous versions

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 13 of 18 (457 Views)

10-28-2013 08:42 AM in reply to: Dan.Scales

Dan & Lynn,

Thanks for the helpful information. When testing all of the prescribed methods above, I still am recieving bold text on some entities while using the Arial Narrow truetype font.

Rave mentioned something about anti-aliasing being turned off for truetype fonts. Seeing as how Dan's method above is not a silver bullet solution, is a resolution or some other kind of provision currently in the works with the dev team? For as long as I can remember, this has always been an issue on the Plant product.

Thanks,

Craig

Product Support
Dan.Scales
Message 14 of 18 (444 Views)

10-29-2013 04:44 AM in reply to: craig.wood

Hi Craig,

This is actually an AutoCAD issue rather than a specific Plant issue.

At the moment there is no complete solution for this, however our developers are aware of the behavior and are currently evaluating it for fixing.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Mentor
craig.wood
Message 15 of 18 (429 Views)

10-30-2013 12:06 PM in reply to: Dan.Scales

Dan,

I just remembered another piece of information that may or may not prove useful...

If a P&ID drawing that contains annotations with bold text is exported to regular AutoCAD (via right-click "Export to AutoCAD..." within the Project Manager), the bold text goes away on the exported dwg, but remains on the P&ID dwg. That's why I mentioned that it seems to be a Plant-specific issue.

I'd be happy to send an expample if you'd like; just let me know.

Thanks,

Craig

*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 16 of 18 (337 Views)

12-02-2013 06:10 AM in reply to: craig.wood
try to explode the annotation in P&ID. Is the attribute flipped and still appear bold?

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 17 of 18 (277 Views)

12-11-2013 09:40 AM in reply to: Rave.Tam

Rave,

I exploded a bold annotation and the bold text did go away, and the text looked normal again. I'm not sure what the implications are, but I'm guessing that it has something to do with the P&ID blocks themselves. Is that what you're trying to figure out?

Thanks,

Craig

*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 18 of 18 (269 Views)

12-12-2013 04:36 AM in reply to: craig.wood
In my case, the actual attribute is flipped. So it still appears bold after exploded. Seems like a separate issue.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community