AutoCAD P&ID General

Message 11 of 16 (950 Views)

Re: unhandled exception has occured... " at the creation of a new drawing

01-06-2013 02:30 AM in reply to: alan_mo

I have exactly the same problem. I'm using Educational Versions of Inventor 2013, Revit 2013 and AutoCAD 2013 for testing, learning and maybe buying later without any problems. Now i would like to get in to AutoCAD Plant 3D / P&ID as well but get unfortuantely the same errors if i try to open a new sketch. Therewith, the Software is not usable.

I'm testing these Software on a older Laptop running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, AMD Turion X2, X1250 Graphics, 4 GB RAM where the other Autodesk Software runs very well and smoothly.

If anyone has a soluton please write me back. To all the others: good luck and maybe use Inventor in stead, it has piping too.

Bernd

Message 12 of 16 (892 Views)

01-29-2013 08:25 PM in reply to: BSTConstruction

I'm going to bump this topic to see if anything new has come up, because I am having the exact same error are the original post.

Windows 7 (64 bit)

Also (when I manage to get a drawing open) and i try to open the project setup page, I get the error that I have attached(Error 2)

Any help???

Message 13 of 16 (837 Views)

02-17-2013 01:01 AM in reply to: Lightnings

I am too facing the same problem. Details of my software are:

Autocad P&ID 2012 Student Version (x64)

Was learning the training manual, I could not create a new drawing file under a folder.

Project directory

I was creating a new drawing file in the folder "Water". I have tried other templates also but the error is same...

Error

Message 14 of 16 (784 Views)

02-23-2013 09:05 AM in reply to: srikanthchilivery

I take it Autodesk are not really bothering with this problem or taking it seriously and leaving a lot of people using the educational program unable to complete there studies.

I am trying to complete a course of study using this program on a Windows 7 machine running 64 bit and have posted about having the same issue on this forum and emailed but had no reply. It seems it is an issue for a lot of people.

It is a pity they are not being customer focused on this subject as I am becoming seriously disillusioned with this piece of software and may give up trying in the near future. At this stage I wouldn't advice anyone to use it.

Regards

Ryan

*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 15 of 16 (574 Views)

03-20-2013 10:01 AM in reply to: alan_mo

Open and Save the Projectsymbolstyle and template used for creating new drawing.

If you want to know the reason behind this error, check my post here.

http://lazcad.com/2013/03/how-to-make-plant-3d-student-version-works

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Message 16 of 16 (287 Views)

09-28-2013 12:24 PM in reply to: Lightnings

Thanks for sharing your solution.

It worked with me well when I opened all template files and resaved them again (save as) at the same place. Hope everyone  tries this and tells us if it worked.

I'm using Plant 3D 2014 x64 students version.

A.Alam

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community