AutoCAD P&ID General

Message 1 of 6 (646 Views)

p&id and electrical in one project

646 Views, 5 Replies
03-22-2008 10:49 AM
I want to be able to build a project and combine P&ID and electrical and cross reference both sets of drawings into one project. e.g. draw out a part of plant and then combine the manufactures component details straight into the electrical design for the control valves etc.
Message 2 of 6 (646 Views)

Re: p&id and electrical in one project

04-24-2008 03:46 AM in reply to: player6
Hi,
The current versions of AutoCAD P&ID and AutoCAD Electrical do not share the same project environment. Interoperability between different products is something which we are considering for future releases and we are currently requesting customer feedback on requirements to resolve this type of problem. I would be interested in hearing more of your requirements and discussing these with you so please feel free to e-mail me at derry.vaughan@autodesk.com.
Regards
Derry Vaughan
Product Manager
Autodesk
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 3 of 6 (508 Views)

05-08-2012 11:34 AM in reply to: derryvaughan

This is an old thread, but I'd love to learn more about any updates in this area.  I am learning Acad Electrical as we speak, and would love to know if more has been done to connect these two systems.  Specifically, can you interrelate instrument tag numbers from P&ID to a schematic in Electrical?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 4 of 6 (460 Views)

05-27-2012 08:49 PM in reply to: cbenner

Electrical does not use a centralize database. A database is built locally everytime a project is opened (scratch database) using microsoft access (.mdb). Data is stored inside the block attribute. So there's no sharing of database in Electrical.

On the other hand, P&ID use a centralized database which is the main storage of all the data. Which is also the reason why P&ID is slower than Electrical.

To connect these two system, it would require a lot of work. Both P&ID and electrical has options to reference other database, maybe you can look into that.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Contributor
Message 5 of 6 (231 Views)

11-04-2013 09:53 AM in reply to: Rave.Tam

Has anything further happened with this development? 

Distinguished Contributor
cadwomen
Message 6 of 6 (226 Views)

Betreff: p&id and electrical in one project

11-04-2013 11:37 AM in reply to: player6

dream on

cu cw

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community