AutoCAD P&ID General

Message 1 of 3 (578 Views)
Accepted Solution

one drawing for PID and PFD?

578 Views, 2 Replies
01-07-2013 08:39 AM

Good day everyone-

i'm new to Autocad PID and i would like to know if it is possible to turn off layers containing valves and instrumentation in a way that, when turned off, the process lines no longer have gaps in them?

What i'm trying to acheive is having 1 drawing that can be transform form PFD to PID in a fast way without having to redo all the lines.

If some of you would like to share some quick techniques on how you guys do your PFD and transform them in PID drawings would be gratly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 2 of 3 (561 Views)

Re: one drawing for PID and PFD?

01-07-2013 02:58 PM in reply to: aguill1973

Unfortunately, by just freezing the layers the gaps remain and there is no way to just fill the gaps.

I use to do some P&ID work before I came to work for Autodesk and we always dummied down our PFD's. So, we just recreated our PFD's with AutoCAD. 

However, if you are waiting to use your existing AutoCAD P&ID's you could open each drawing and use the EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command to save the P&ID out of the project. This would then give you the P&ID to work with and it not be tied in any way to the P&ID project. You would still have the gaps but could always just Join the line back together. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras
Active Contributor
gri4775
Message 3 of 3 (528 Views)

Re: one drawing for PID and PFD?

01-08-2013 06:42 AM in reply to: aguill1973

Create a Copy of the P&ID with Windows Explorer.

Rename them to PFD.

Open AutoCAD P&ID

Remove PID from Project

Copy Drawing (PFD) to Project

Ctrl+1

Quick Select

Type ACCPASSET

Layer Mechanical or Valve

Delete

Create new Project PFD

and copy Drawing (PFD) to new Project from old.

All Data is stored in dwg. (:-)

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Adrian

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community