AutoCAD P&ID General

Contributor
bajzik
Message 1 of 5 (1,003 Views)

drawings legend

1003 Views, 4 Replies
02-14-2013 11:01 AM

Hi, 

is there any way to create a drawins legend which will include list of used symbols (equipments,instruments, lines etc.) with their attributes (e.g. name, code, number)? Something like the Data Manager but inclusive the symbols appearance. 

Thanks

Tibor

Employee
TomislavGolubovic
Message 2 of 5 (994 Views)

Re: drawings legend

02-14-2013 11:39 AM in reply to: bajzik

You could write a script to automatically insert the contents of the projSymbolStyle.dwg into another drawing, and place attributes next to it.

It would open the drawing, insert the block, then loop through the blocks until all were placed. If its done inside a P&ID project though, you will get these items appear in the Data Manager, as they are considered items placed in the project.

Tomislav Golubovic
Plant Solutions Engineer
Autodesk Australia / New Zealand
Autodesk, Inc.

Contributor
bajzik
Message 3 of 5 (989 Views)

02-14-2013 11:50 AM in reply to: TomislavGolubovic

I don't know, writing such a script sounds quite complicated.
Yes, it is done inside a p&id project, so is there a way to export the contenct of Data Managet with these items to another drawing, so I can always easily generate a symbols legend for each project?

Employee
TomislavGolubovic
Message 4 of 5 (968 Views)

02-14-2013 12:27 PM in reply to: bajzik

The other way would be is to make projSymbolStyle.dwg the legend sheet, and could be re-used for other projects. I think Jarrod might have done previously.

Tomislav Golubovic
Plant Solutions Engineer
Autodesk Australia / New Zealand
Autodesk, Inc.

Contributor
bajzik
Message 5 of 5 (958 Views)

02-14-2013 01:04 PM in reply to: TomislavGolubovic

Which Jarrod? There is more of them:smileyhappy: Can you please post here a link where it was discussed? Thanks a lot for advance also for previous advices, I'll try it tomorrow @work.

tibor

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community