AutoCAD P&ID General

rrui00
Message 1 of 2 (369 Views)

Working In Paper Space vs Model Space

369 Views, 1 Replies
04-13-2012 08:50 AM

I have a project and I am working all my P&IDs in paper space.  The reason to do that is because I do not have to use view ports or create different layers etc (in Mechanical P&ID this has never been a problem).

I am having some problems with AutoCad P&ID software and somebody told me that it could be related to creating P&IDs in paper space and not in model space, is that right?

Valued Mentor
dennis
Message 2 of 2 (199 Views)

Re: Working In Paper Space vs Model Space

09-23-2013 11:19 AM in reply to: rrui00

I have experimented with doing everything on the MODEL tab, everything in a Layout tab VIEWPORT, everything in a Layout tab MAXIMIZED VP, and everything in PAPERSPACE.  The only gotcha I have seen is when you use an OFF-PAGE Connector to "Open Connected DWG", it seems to always go to the MODEL tab.  Also, a lesser problem, is the WORKSPACES seem to be pre-configured to goto the MODEL tab, but can be corrected by going resaving the workspaces with the Layout active.

Side note: if you mix it up, a little in the MODEL tab, a little in PAPER and a little in the VP, then your "ZOOM TO" really gets confused.

I like the concept of working totally in PAPER, but I am thinking the program "likes" the MODEL tab.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community