AutoCAD P&ID General

Distinguished Contributor
Tee.Dee
Message 1 of 3 (390 Views)

Where are blocks referenced from?

390 Views, 2 Replies
10-28-2012 05:50 PM

Hi,

Just wondering where P&ID blocks in a project are referenced from?

If I edit a blocks linework in the project settings iv found that it only changes the block contained in the projSymbolStyle.dwg.  Thats all good but what if i want to add a new block, where does this block need to be saved?

I noticed there are drawings stored under C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD P&ID 2013 - English\SymbolLibrary that contain all of the blocks, should I be storing my newly created blocks in one of these drawings?

If so then I would rather have seperate drawings on the server to add my own blocks to but how then does P&ID find this drawing?

I hope someone can see what Im getting at and help me out.

Thanks very much

hans
Message 2 of 3 (373 Views)

Re: Where are blocks referenced from?

10-29-2012 01:56 AM in reply to: Tee.Dee

Hi,

Also new blocks must be a part from the projSymbolStyle.dwg, from the active project. When you select a new block from an other drawing, the block will be copied to the projSymbolStyle.dwg and will be a part of your active project

Hans Knol
CADTEAM

hans@cadteam.nl
www.cadteam.nl
Distinguished Contributor
Tee.Dee
Message 3 of 3 (359 Views)

Re: Where are blocks referenced from?

10-29-2012 03:42 PM in reply to: Tee.Dee

Thanks Hans,  I think im getting there, im coming from AutoCAD Elec where things work much differently.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community