AutoCAD P&ID General

Valued Contributor
peter.jansoone
Message 1 of 3 (317 Views)

Valve End connections

317 Views, 2 Replies
09-19-2013 06:32 AM

Is there a way to have different end connetions at each side of a valve ?

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Plant Design software consultant at Greenock CAD service
Mentor
attila_vallyon
Message 2 of 3 (298 Views)

Re: Valve End connections

09-19-2013 11:55 PM in reply to: peter.jansoone

You mean with the autonozzle option?

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Mentor
craig.wood
Message 3 of 3 (232 Views)

Re: Valve End connections

10-03-2013 06:05 PM in reply to: peter.jansoone

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately there is no capability to do this in P&ID 2014, or any versions prior. This is something our firm would like as well. I have personally discussed this with the Plant product development team, but it seems that it is a low priority item on their list of additional features to add.

One sort of work-around you could do however, would be to build in differing end-connections into a valve body for each valve type that would be affected. That method would require you to create one block for every unique combination, which could be very time-consuming depending on the number of combinations.

I hope this helps answer your question!

Craig

If my post is a solution to your issue, click "Accept as Solution" below.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community