AutoCAD P&ID General

ukf
ukf
Message 1 of 6 (262 Views)

Unable to remove drawing from a project

262 Views, 5 Replies
02-06-2009 06:58 AM
Hi

I have a drawing that is impossible to remove from the project.
The history is that a user have renamed the file name of the drawing (outside P&ID) and then used “update drawing” in the P&ID project manager and pointed at the renamed file. But then opening the drawing the components are not P&ID object and now we can not remove the drawing from the project. Trying gives no errors!
We are working in version 2008 SP1.

Can anybody give me a hint how to remove the drawing?

Regards
Ulla Frederiksen
Valued Contributor
Arthur_Dent
Message 2 of 6 (262 Views)

Re: Unable to remove drawing from a project

02-07-2009 09:20 AM in reply to: ukf
Try doing an "Audit Project". Maybe P&ID will recognize the links to the objects or let you remove the drawing from the project.
ukf
ukf
Message 3 of 6 (262 Views)

02-09-2009 10:39 PM in reply to: ukf
Thank you for your response. I am sorry I forgot to mention that even an Audit didn’t help. This is a very irritating problem. We may have to make a new project and add all the drawing to that, to get free of the “non existing drawing”. Happily there are not yet any connections between the drawings!
*Jorge Lopez
Message 4 of 6 (262 Views)

02-11-2009 09:01 AM in reply to: ukf

We fixed this problem. Sorry for the inconvenience
in the meantime.

Jorge

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Thank
you for your response. I am sorry I forgot to mention that even an Audit
didn’t help. This is a very irritating problem. We may have to make a new
project and add all the drawing to that, to get free of the “non existing
drawing”. Happily there are not yet any connections between the
drawings!
Active Contributor
funkbro2
Message 5 of 6 (262 Views)

04-03-2009 07:22 AM in reply to: ukf
I have the same problem... how was it fixed?

edit: Solved this using my pure skill...

I updated one of the un-removable DWG to a blank drawing. Once that was done I was able to remove it.

I repeated this procedure using the same blank drawing 3 times to get rid of all the messed up drawings.

Its interesting the kind of hoops you have to jump through to use AutoCAD PID :smileytongue: Edited by: funkbro2 on Apr 3, 2009 2:48 PM
ukf
ukf
Message 6 of 6 (262 Views)

04-15-2009 02:00 AM in reply to: ukf

Long time a go I solved problem as I wrote with creating a new project and add all the files to it.

But I still have a copy of that project with the file that was unable for me to remove, and I am a curious person so I have check up to see if your solution can fix the problem, but it did not!

After that I found the filename in the project file PnIdPart.xml and just by removing that line, the file is removed from the project. ;o)

It looked like this and I just removed the text marked with red:

</File>

<File id="{35b61e84-fd8e-443a-8191-a65d52674be1}" Title="ACTIFLO3" fileName="R:\NO\Bergen\08 Mechanical\PIDs\M3\dwg\ACTIFLO3.dwg" relativeFileName="..\dwg\ACTIFLO3.dwg" uncFileName="\\copefs\fs11g_order\NO\Bergen\08 Mechanical\PIDs\M3\dwg\ACTIFLO3.dwg">

</File>

{color:#ff0000}<File Title="POLYMERANLÆG" fileName="R:\NO\Bergen\08 Mechanical\PIDs\M3\dwg\POLYMERANLÆG1.dwg" relativeFileName="..\dwg\POLYMERANLÆG1.dwg" uncFileName="\\copefs\fs11g_order\NO\Bergen\08 Mechanical\PIDs\M3\dwg\POLYMERANLÆG1.dwg" />{color}

<File id="{A16CABE6-8A44-4029-B372-73C5514CA43A}" Title="BLÆSERSTATION" fileName="R:\NO\Bergen\08 Mechanical\PIDs\M3\dwg\BLÆSERSTATION.dwg" relativeFileName="..\dwg\BLÆSERSTATION.dwg" uncFileName="\\copefs\fs11g_order\NO\Bergen\08 Mechanical\PIDs\M3\dwg\BLÆSERSTATION.dwg">

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community