AutoCAD P&ID General

Active Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (258 Views)

The Project you selected was unable to open properly...

258 Views, 3 Replies
10-03-2013 12:06 PM

Hi All..

I have several projects that have gotten 'corrupted' in the past two days and I have not been able to determine the issue. Each of them displays the error in the subject line... here is a picture..

acad_project_error.jpg

the project.xml file does exist and I have looked at in in ACAD to verify that the core links to the related xml files are there. I have looked at the other XML files and they are also fine to open in notepad, however they contain many many more XML items to verify and on a cursory examination, most paths etc seem to be fine. I have also opened the ProcessPower.dcf database in a standalone SQLite mangement tool and the database is valid and seems intact.

Is there anyway that I can get a better determination of what the problem is out of AutoCAD... is there some sort of log anywhere that has more verbose information?

I have restored the entire project database from prior to the issue and I still am unable to open it.

If anyone has any other suggestions, Im open to hearing them too!!!

thank you

JA

Valued Contributor
phwatso
Message 2 of 4 (220 Views)

Re: The Project you selected was unable to open properly...

10-14-2013 04:27 AM in reply to: jessaskey

Have you tried running the LocalDataCachePurger it fixed the problem for us. Seems to be a mismatch of data particularly after migrating/upgrading a project.

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\PLNT3D\PnPLocalDataCachePurger.exe"

Active Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (199 Views)

10-15-2013 10:40 PM in reply to: phwatso

thanks for the tip.. unfortunately, my LocalDataCache was already at 0bytes so that didn't seem to do anything.

Anyone else... please? There has to be a way to view the project.xml load log right?

Jorge?

thanks

jess

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 4 of 4 (179 Views)

10-21-2013 07:29 AM in reply to: jessaskey

Hi JA,

Shot in the dark here, but if your SQL database is on a separate server, have you verified that you have the correct Windows credentials to access it? Has your IT group made any recent changes?

Hope this helps...

Craig

If my post is a solution to your issue, click "Accept as Solution" below.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community