AutoCAD P&ID General

Message 1 of 6 (315 Views)

Tag format for lines in 2014

315 Views, 5 Replies
06-16-2013 04:54 AM

We had in the previous releases the possibility to auto numbering pipe line in P&ID . Now I can type any number as I want without any warning if it is already exist! . there is a new functionally now a lookup for pipelinegroup.linenumber property instead of the autonumber button.

How can we get the previews numbering functionality ?

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 2 of 6 (293 Views)

Re: Tag format for lines in 2014

06-17-2013 07:25 AM in reply to: meirweiss

Meirweiss,

For now you'll have to dig it up from the Data Manager manually. This is the biggest drawback to 2014. Autodesk is however adding functionality in an upcoming service pack to notify the end user that a number is already in use if selected. I still think 2013's method was perfect as-is, so I'm a bit disappointed in the change. In addition to applying the service pack once it is released, I plan on creating a new numeric property to use in place of "Line Number" in order to get the "Auto-Generate" button back. This can be done with an tag format change to the new property and then an export/property-switch/import, while everyone is out of the program of course. It is the only way I can see to retain line number integrity. The export/property-switch/import seems to need to be done on a drawing by drawing basis so that the tag can be properly rebuilt, ensuring that duplicates do not occur.

I hope this helps!

Craig

If my post is a solution to your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" below...

Message 3 of 6 (279 Views)

06-17-2013 11:36 AM in reply to: craig.wood

Craig,

I changed the tag format using a new property ,but now off page connectors are not connected properly

Meir Weiss

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 4 of 6 (277 Views)

06-17-2013 11:46 AM in reply to: meirweiss

Meir,

Oh, that wasn't something I was expecting to happen. I haven't changed it over yet on our project, but have only done some static testing before pulling the trigger. We have over 300 P&IDs, so I will run some more extensive testing, but I would assume that once all of the drawings have been updated, the properties should match on either side of the OPC as long as the new tag format points to the new property in the line segment and line group classes, as well as the line annotation.

Let me know your results.

Thanks,

Craig

Message 5 of 6 (257 Views)

06-19-2013 03:10 AM in reply to: craig.wood

Craig,

I did some testing & it seems that currently there is no perfect seclusion for that!

I hope that someone from Autodesk Plant team will try to answer us.

I will suggest my clients to postpone any upgrade until we'll have an answer.

Regards

Meir

Contributor
MSpadaro
Message 6 of 6 (249 Views)

06-19-2013 05:23 AM in reply to: meirweiss

Hi, I still have the same problem. The new 2014 P&id application has a big lack because of pipeline automatic counter, that was in in release 2013. How can we do?

thanks

mauro

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community