AutoCAD P&ID General

stephanie.barrier
Message 1 of 12 (871 Views)

Serious problem with OPCs in 2014

871 Views, 11 Replies
09-05-2013 06:55 AM

I'm having serious problems with these new OPCs.  In P&ID 2013 you could pick the page and then the actual connector on that page to make a connection.  With this new 2014 the software searches thru the drawings for a line to connect to for you.  It's taking too long.  It’s looking for a connection on its own.  Which is really a problem for me because when I am finished with my project I will have approximately 1,200 drawings and who knows how many page connectors.  I’m working in a refinery and am converting all our P&ID’s into AutoCAD P&ID.  So this will end up being a huge project. 

*Expert Elite*
dave.wolfe
Message 2 of 12 (862 Views)

Re: Serious problem with OPCs in 2014

09-05-2013 11:16 AM in reply to: stephanie.barrier

Autodesk is going to be writing a hotfix to address this performance issue as well as fixing the To/From properties not getting filled out correctly.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

ECAD, Inc.
Tips and Tricks on our blog: Process Design, from the Outside

A P3D Authorized Reseller
*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 3 of 12 (815 Views)

09-11-2013 07:56 AM in reply to: stephanie.barrier
Check my post here
http://lazcad.com/2013/07/offpage-connector-quick-fix-in-2014
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Contributor
yama21250
Message 4 of 12 (796 Views)

09-12-2013 08:41 AM in reply to: stephanie.barrier

I try use the Plug-in but it does not work. I can get it to load and show in my ribbon, but when I click on it or type in "opcselect" it just says unknown command. I have clicked on the folder and unchecked read only. I have made sure the other thing you mentioned was set to 14, and I have ran the netload all with no success? Could you know what I am doing wrong?

Contributor
yama21250
Message 5 of 12 (792 Views)

09-12-2013 09:00 AM in reply to: stephanie.barrier

Does this help?

Command: NETLOAD
Command: Cannot load assembly. Error details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\Lazcad.Opc.bundle\Contents\2014\Lazcad.Opc.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
File name: 'file:///C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\Lazcad.Opc.bundle\Contents\2014\Lazcad.Opc.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.ExtensionLoader.Load(String fileName)
   at loadmgd()

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 6 of 12 (785 Views)

09-12-2013 09:45 AM in reply to: yama21250

You probably need to right click on the zip file that you downloaded and then go to its properties and "unblock" it. Then try putting the files in the appropriate folder, close/re-open the program and it should work.

Hope this helps!

Craig

Contributor
yama21250
Message 7 of 12 (776 Views)

09-12-2013 12:01 PM in reply to: stephanie.barrier

That did it. Works great now! Thanks.

david.a.forsthoffer
Message 8 of 12 (740 Views)

09-16-2013 07:29 PM in reply to: stephanie.barrier

This is a serious bug that I reported a couple of months ago and we are in drastic need of a quick fix.  How close is autodesk to releasing the hot fix?

Or alternatively, how do you connnect line numbers from one drawing to another without the OPC and without doing everyone manually because we have hundreds of drawings...

Dave

david.a.forsthoffer
Message 9 of 12 (718 Views)

09-20-2013 01:16 AM in reply to: david.a.forsthoffer

Can we please get a approximate timeline for a hotfix for this issue?  I am in the middle of a major project with hundreds off connections to make - is it weeks or months? 

This is a major flaw in the software - we need an update!!

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 10 of 12 (705 Views)

09-20-2013 09:35 AM in reply to: david.a.forsthoffer

From what I last heard from development back in July, an update for the OPCs won't likely be out any sooner than December. If not December, then likely it will come with the next release next April.

Thanks,

Craig

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community