Valued Contributor
Heckmeck
Message 1 of 3 (721 Views)
Accepted Solution

Rename Drawing Properties

721 Views, 2 Replies
10-17-2012 12:29 AM

Hi Everyone.

I am about to set up a new template project based on a existing one.

In the "project configuration -> drawing properties", I have already defined a lot of drawing properties, for example some which I use on the title block later. (name, date, sheet no. etc.)

Now I would like to rename some of the drawing properties. This is not possible; I can only delete them and add a new property.

But then I will have to replace all fields on my title block.

Is there a workaround for this problem (modifying sql files included)?

Valued Contributor
Heckmeck
Message 2 of 3 (601 Views)

Re: Rename Drawing Properties

11-06-2012 02:53 AM in reply to: Heckmeck

No Ideas?

There are some essential features missing in the dialog of defining properties:

- Rename properties

- Re-sort the properties

- Change datatype of properties

(You need this, when you try to set an aquire rule, and want to acquire a value that does not conform the original data type)

All of the above can only be achieved throug editing the *.xml files (with major risks)

If anyone could post approved workflows for these actions, this would be so helpfull.

Employee
JarrodMudford
Message 3 of 3 (588 Views)

Re: Rename Drawing Properties

11-06-2012 11:40 PM in reply to: Heckmeck

Rename and Sort the Properties is not currently possible.
But changing to an Acquisition Property is. Select the property in the Acquisition Column and select the botton that appears. See attachment.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community