AutoCAD P&ID General

Active Contributor
Message 1 of 12 (517 Views)

Project Properties Open Issue

517 Views, 11 Replies
11-02-2011 04:08 PM

I have a unique machine dependency on the project properties dialog.  For a single project, I have found two different machines that have AutoCAD P&ID 2011 installed that cannot open the project properties.  During the open command, the application is stalled on opening the projSymbolStyles.dwg file.  On another machine, access to the project properties works just fine.  Does anyone have any information on what may be causing the issue?  All the machines have just recently installed 2011 version from the same network distribution source.

Thanks,

Patrick

Employee
Message 2 of 12 (479 Views)

Re: Project Properties Open Issue

11-16-2011 11:07 AM in reply to: PATRICKCAREY9382

Hi Patrick,

Can you try <ctrl + Tab>  to switch to different application and then again to P&ID, and see if that shows the project properties dialog?

Could be that this properties dialog didn’t  get the focus during open.

If this didn’t solve the issue, can you let me know if you see any other error in the command line?

Does just opening the projSymbolStyles.dwg using File -> Open command work fine?

Thanks,

Sankar Ganesh
Sr. Principal Engineer
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc
Active Contributor
Message 3 of 12 (475 Views)

11-16-2011 12:41 PM in reply to: sankarg

Thanks for the reply Sankar,

Performing a Alt-Tab does work, but does not solve the issue.  I have also tried opening the projSymbolStyles.dwg directly and it still does not open.  Just a little more background.  The project was a migration from P&ID 2010.  All works fine in 2010.  Just saw the error in 2011.  I tried a migration from the 2010 to the 2012 version, and I still have the problem.  In the 2012 case, I cannot open the projSymbolStyles.dwg from any machine so far.  

When I try to open the project properties, the command line states that it is opening the projSymbolStyles.dwg and just hangs there.  No other message.  I can hit escape and terminate the action.

Thanks again,

Patrick

Employee
Message 4 of 12 (469 Views)

11-16-2011 02:56 PM in reply to: PATRICKCAREY9382

Can you please attach the projSymbolStyles.dwg or run recover command and see if that detects any issues with the projSymbolStyles.dwg?

Thanks,

Sankar Ganesh
Sr. Principal Engineer
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc
Product Support
VinodBalasubramanian
Message 5 of 12 (464 Views)

11-16-2011 10:07 PM in reply to: sankarg

Thanks Patrick for sharing the data with us. I am currently looking into the project file. Will get back to you soon with an update.

Sankar, I have forwarded the dataset to you as well.

Vinod Balasubramanian
Product Support
VinodBalasubramanian
Message 6 of 12 (443 Views)

11-20-2011 07:10 PM in reply to: VinodBalasubramanian

Hi Patrick,

We couldn't able to reproduce the issue on your projects. Myself and Sankar checked this out last week. Can you able to provide some screenshots for us to understand what's happening at your end.

Do let me know, if you want me to have a call with you to chat about it.

Vinod Balasubramanian
Active Contributor
Message 7 of 12 (421 Views)

11-28-2011 09:43 AM in reply to: VinodBalasubramanian

That is what I was afraid of.  I am starting to think this is a permissions issue.  When the project is created from a common template and the projSymbolStyle.dwg file doesn't have the correct permissions for the user to copy, it may lock the file from editing.  

As for the screenshot, it doesn't show anything except the act of opening the file.  AutoCAD looks likes it's opening the file, a dwg window appears and then it freezes.  If I hit escape, the dwg window closes and everything goes back to normal.  Normally, the dwg window appears for a few seconds, then the properties window opens and the dwg file closes.

Product Support
VinodBalasubramanian
Message 8 of 12 (396 Views)

12-04-2011 09:18 PM in reply to: PATRICKCAREY9382

Hi Patrick,

We are still unable to reproduce this issue at our end.Can you please provide us a video to understand the problem better.

Vinod Balasubramanian
Active Contributor
Message 9 of 12 (390 Views)

12-05-2011 08:16 AM in reply to: VinodBalasubramanian

Here is a screen shot of application immediately after selecting project properties.  The application stays in this state indefinitely.

--Patrick

Product Support
VinodBalasubramanian
Message 10 of 12 (350 Views)

12-08-2011 06:39 PM in reply to: PATRICKCAREY9382

This message is more of showing the current version on the Projsymbol drawing. It is expected.

Can i know whether you are having difficulty accessing the project properties through one particular project or any.

You are saying that "application stays in that state indefinitely". Is the application freezing or crashing after a while. Can you explain this statement in detail.

Looking forward to your reply.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community