AutoCAD P&ID General

tdevrieze
Message 11 of 15 (531 Views)

Re: P&ID Block Editor Save/Discard Changes Toolbar Disappears

10-11-2012 08:07 AM in reply to: craig.wood

I have had the same problems, and I know a way to get out the PIDBLOCKEDITOR, just type in the commandline CLOSEALL, then you get the option to save your drawing, close autocad plan, clear the cache

with C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 - English\PnPLocalDataCachePurger.exe

and restart Autocad Plant.

Save regular, to do this quickly, I made a new button that purges all and saves your current drawing.

The button is placed in the default menu when clicking on the right mouse button.

this is command : ^C_purge;all;;N;^C^C_qsave

I sometimes find Autocad Plant very unstable, a lot of FATAL ERRORS, surely when creating PID symbols in PID Class definitions. After adding some new symbols and clicking too fast on APPLY and OK, you get fatal errors.

Anyway, let me know if the CLOSEALL works.

Tom

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 12 of 15 (526 Views)

10-11-2012 09:48 AM in reply to: Keough

CLOSEALL worked for me! Thanks for the tip!

GordBerl
Message 13 of 15 (287 Views)

05-09-2013 10:52 AM in reply to: craig.wood

I had this issue because my created block was not centered and zoomed in. I went into my project properties and edited my block to have a point of it at coordinates 0,0 and zoomed extents. Now the block i was having an issue with now has the toolbar back.

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 14 of 15 (285 Views)

05-09-2013 10:56 AM in reply to: GordBerl

The trick to keeping your block editor toolbar from disappearing is to simply zoom out to a broader view before you right-click and select "Edit P&ID Object's Block". If you are zoomed in too close to your block when you go into the block editor, your toolbar will disappear.

I haven't tried this in 2014 yet, but I'm assuming similar results. If it's fixed, I'll reply back letting everyone know.

Thanks,

Craig

Soulfly45
Message 15 of 15 (198 Views)

08-07-2013 11:47 PM in reply to: craig.wood

Don't know if this issue has been resolved yet, I have found if you are zoomed in on the object you are editing the toolbar disappears, I think the position is relative to the display.

I always view extents before editing the block, I haven't had any problems doing it this way.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community