AutoCAD P&ID General

Active Contributor
funkbro2
Message 1 of 7 (240 Views)

Offpage Connector: Text Dissapearing

240 Views, 6 Replies
03-16-2009 06:29 AM
Some of my offpage connectors, the text within will dissapear.
Using the annotation visiblity option in the bottom sometimes will fix it (after another regen). Sometimes it will do nothing.
In some cases now I am noticing the text is extremely bolded rather than missing. Or the text style goes back to STD when it should be Roman-C.

I do not know of any steps to reproduce this error. It happens on quite a few of our drawings.

Keep in mind, that if the text is displayed, regardless of what AutoCAD shows, it will plot out correctly as RomanC. If the text is not shown in AutoCAD it will not plot.

Moving the connector around will make the text reappear, but will be gone next launch. Edited by: funkbro2 on Mar 16, 2009 1:33 PM
Active Contributor
funkbro2
Message 2 of 7 (240 Views)

Re: Offpage Connector: Text Dissapearing

03-16-2009 06:34 AM in reply to: funkbro2
Attached is a secondary picture.
Active Contributor
funkbro2
Message 3 of 7 (240 Views)

03-16-2009 07:15 AM in reply to: funkbro2
It turns out, connectors that are not working well... ones that have been moved or regenned properly to display (come up STD or bold) will plot out as STD.
Active Contributor
funkbro2
Message 4 of 7 (240 Views)

03-23-2009 08:27 AM in reply to: funkbro2
What you see is not what you get at all.

If it looks right when you launch the drawing it will plot right.

If it looks STD, BOLD, or blank
It may print STD, BOLD, or blank

If you correct it with regen + annotation visibility, it may plot STD, BOLD, or Blank still (even though it may look fine in AutoCAD)

If you correct it via moving the connectors back and forth for a blank connector, it may show up again in AutoCAD but will still plot blank.

This is extremely bad problem we have and I need this resolved ASAP!
Active Contributor
funkbro2
Message 5 of 7 (240 Views)

03-23-2009 08:51 AM in reply to: funkbro2
I believe they are in fact two seperate issues here:

1. Blank Connector
2. Improper text connector.

1. Blank Connection, may show up via anno visibility or moving the connector, or typing in a field... but plotting WILL not show the connection.

2. Connector either shows up as STD or BOLD. Regen and Anno visiblity will usually turn STD -> BOLD or BOLD -> STD. If they turn into ROMAN-C (the correct kind) it will still plot out either STD or BOLD.
Active Contributor
funkbro2
Message 6 of 7 (240 Views)

03-26-2009 07:45 AM in reply to: funkbro2
I am happy to note I have a support case with Autodesk where I am notifying them of these bugs I have found.

I will post any resolutions or suggestions tested here
Contributor
dxmnkd316
Message 7 of 7 (240 Views)

04-06-2009 01:19 PM in reply to: funkbro2
I think I've found a "solution" to this problem. I found that if you right click on an offpage connector (that is having problems with the test disappearing) and you choose "Bring to Front" under the drawing order submenu it seems to solve this problem.

Hope this helps

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community