AutoCAD P&ID General

Active Contributor
andreas.hammer
Message 21 of 26 (178 Views)

Re: Modify Report - can't add/remove colums

11-17-2013 11:40 PM in reply to: craig.wood
Yeah, I have modified lists using the Report Creator the last week, and I have gotten the hang of it now. But the import function is key, and as far as I know I can't do that with the Report Creator.

Thank you for your time and effort. I hope you solve this soon.
Active Contributor
andreas.hammer
Message 22 of 26 (133 Views)

03-25-2014 01:51 AM in reply to: andreas.hammer

Has there been any development on this issue?

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 23 of 26 (123 Views)

03-25-2014 07:04 AM in reply to: andreas.hammer

Andreas,

What do you mean by "the import function is key"? Are you trying to import data changes into P&ID via Report Creator, or something to that effect?

Thanks,

Craig

Active Contributor
andreas.hammer
Message 24 of 26 (121 Views)

03-25-2014 07:08 AM in reply to: craig.wood

That's exactly what I mean. That's why I prefer to use data manager instead, although the original problem haven't been fixed yet. Ugh.

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 25 of 26 (114 Views)

03-25-2014 03:50 PM in reply to: andreas.hammer

Andreas,

I can relate...I'm personally still waiting for the capability of mass changes to be imported into the database without having to open up each individual drawing as well. In the meantime, we've been using Data Manager in conjunction with calculated fields from Report Creator to find and update necessary data. Hopefully as time goes on, access to the data will increase to this degree. It would definitely save us a lot of time and man-hours.

Thanks,

Craig

Contributor
asalcido
Message 26 of 26 (49 Views)

05-29-2014 02:55 PM in reply to: andreas.hammer

I am also having this same issue. It appears that it is only with the line summary list. I have noticed a few things.
1. Like everyone else that has posted, I cannot get the order of the properties in the order I'd like under the Reports node of the project setup.
2. If you dig down to the P&ID class definitions node, on my end the properties are in the same order as in the report node.
3. the LineSummaryList.xml file seems to have been modified.  When I go to the default out of the box project and compare it to the LineSummaryList.xml file of the latest project that we have been working on, the groupby and orderby are swapped and a new line named DerivedProperties appears. (image attached)

I'm still trying to figure out if the PnIDPart.xml file has anything to do with it.  I have noticed that on the default out of the box project the line list summary is true but in the new LineListSummary.xml it is set to false.

I am also having issued with some of the Info blocks.  Now it appears that when we edit the infotags for equipment, we have to enter the data twice.  I go into project setup and dig down to the PnID Class Definitions and modify the block for the said equipment and there are duplicate queries stacked on each other.  I erase the duplicates and when I go back to the drawing, it only ask for the information one time.  Not sure if this is related.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community