AutoCAD P&ID General

Contributor
Message 1 of 2 (270 Views)

Convert to PID object

270 Views, 1 Replies
07-16-2013 12:22 AM

Hi!

Everytime I replace converted objects into another kind of object, the replaced object is bigger than the original and I can't make it back to its original size. For example, a graphical figure of check valve is converted into PID check valve. And as the project continues, revisions are possible. Found out that the valve placed must be gate so I have to replace the converted check valve into gate but after I replace the check valve, the gate valve is so big. I already checked all valves' scale factors. And they just have the same values. I also checked the block's dimensions, but it's just fine. What must be the possible problem with replacing?

Active Contributor
Message 2 of 2 (236 Views)

Re: Convert to PID object

07-25-2013 06:05 AM in reply to: rr2013

Be sure to check the EDIT SYMBOL option in PROJECT SETUP for the SYMBOL SCALE.  It is typically set to 0.25 for valves.  It sounds like you have already done that but just making sure.

Autodesk© Inventor© 2013 Certified Professional
My Plant 3D Notes
ActsOneEight

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community