Distinguished Contributor
Tee.Dee
Message 1 of 6 (951 Views)
Accepted Solution

Broken Instrument Lines

951 Views, 5 Replies
11-27-2012 07:38 PM

Hi,

Im having a problem with all of my instrument lines showing a gap/break in them.  The lines are still in 1 piece, if I move them the line is whole again with no gap/break showing but if I close the drawing and open it again the gap is there again.

Anyone know whats going on here?

Thanks

Tee.Dee
Message 2 of 6 (788 Views)

Re: Broken Instrument Lines

02-05-2013 07:10 PM in reply to: Tee.Dee

I have attached a picture of the problem.

Also the problem now occurs on pipe lines as well.

Thanks.

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 3 of 6 (730 Views)

02-18-2013 09:24 AM in reply to: Tee.Dee

I can't say I've seen anything like this in our drawings. What version of P&ID are you running? Also, have you made any graphical changes to any of the line segment classes?

Craig

Tee.Dee
Message 4 of 6 (627 Views)

03-03-2013 03:42 PM in reply to: Tee.Dee

Hi Craig,

Im using 2013.

I have only changed the line types used but I have not modified the actual line.

Even if I delete the line and re-draw it it looks fine but if I exit the drawing and open it again, the break in the line will be in the same place.

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 5 of 6 (611 Views)

03-04-2013 11:13 AM in reply to: Tee.Dee

I'm afraid I can't offer too much help; however, if I were in your position I would test changing the linetype back to the default, or to another type and see thow that affects the line. Also, if you have modified any line gapping settings, those would be a place to test different setting tweaks. I have a feeling that it likely has something to do with either the linetype or linetype scale. Run through some tests on those settings and see what kind of results you get.

Craig

Tee.Dee
Message 6 of 6 (516 Views)

03-14-2013 07:51 PM in reply to: craig.wood

For anyone else that has this problem in the future the problem was with certain valves that were in the vicinity of these broken instrument lines.

I dont know exactly what the cause was but by moving valves in the vicinity of the line out of the way you can work out which one is causing the problem. The fix was to delete the valve and place it again.  Very strange.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community