AutoCAD P&ID General

engg_vij
Message 1 of 5 (807 Views)

Blind Flange

807 Views, 4 Replies
05-06-2010 05:10 AM
In AutoCAD P & ID, I am trying to attach Blind Flange at the end of the line with the Mating flange, the blind should acquire the properties of that line Automatically but it’s not happening. How to attach the blind at the end of the line that it should acquire the properties of that line.

For example below for line 4”-CS150-W-109A I want to attach blind at the end of the line ...but my blind is not acquiring the properties of line. Please help..?
Employee
flowers
Message 2 of 5 (805 Views)

Re: Blind Flange

05-07-2010 10:57 AM in reply to: engg_vij
It is a little hard to see what you have done so i'm going to ask you a few questions to get a better understanding of what has been done.

Did you create a new blind flange component?

If you created a new Blind Flange did you create it under the Piping Fittings group.

Did you know there is already a blind Flange under Pipe Fittings and when placed on the end of a process line it acquires the size and spec from that line. You may just want to modify that component to show the mating flange

From you file it looks like you are used a nozzle block.

Please let me know, so that i can help you.

thank you,

Stephanie Flower
Autodesk
engg_vij
Message 3 of 5 (805 Views)

05-08-2010 01:58 AM in reply to: engg_vij
1. Refer 1.jpg: Check out the area marked by a rectengle. Thats the area i am talking about.

2. Refer 2.jpg: I have attached a flange from Fittings at the end of my line & i am showing the properties, Size & spec property is already taken by my line segment.

3. Refer 3.jpg: I am trying to attach blind flange at the end of my line with the existing flange, The node is selected.

4. Refer 4.jpg After placing my blind it is not taking the properties as flange, We can see the question mark at size & spec. Why my blind is not taking these poperties from line.

Please check out all the snapshots with the attach zip file.

regards
vijay singh
liuyong816
Message 4 of 5 (445 Views)

01-20-2013 11:35 PM in reply to: engg_vij

I tried to reverse the steps, and gain a better result i think.

first: insert a blind at the end of a line,

then, insert a flange connection, but not accurate

both them can get the properties of line.

Valued Contributor
georgeendrulat
Message 5 of 5 (430 Views)

01-21-2013 06:51 AM in reply to: liuyong816

Give this a shot:

Edit the Piping Fittings --> Flange Connection symbol/block

Where it has the end connections, select the Point Parameters and replace the text for the Position name to:

AttachmentPoint1:EndCode0

and for the other Point Prameter:

AttachmentPoint1:EndCode180

The is imitating they naming convention used for inline valves.

Hope it works for you.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community