AutoCAD P&ID General

Contributor
cmcdonnell
Message 1 of 3 (220 Views)

Best Practice For Larger Spec PE Piping & Smaller Valves

220 Views, 2 Replies
06-02-2013 05:27 PM

Hi, 

New user to the p&id software. One thing I cant seem to get a handle on is valves when using PE Pipe

e.g. a 110mm PE pipe is equivelent to a 100mm PVC etc. It requires 100mm Valves. 
As my valve takes the pipesize of the PE it displays 110 over all my valves and in the spreadsheets I export.

What is the best method for doing this as it also occurs with 375mm PVC, and ive no doubt will crop up multiple times in the future. 

Thanks
Colin

Product Support
VinodBalasubramanian
Message 2 of 3 (190 Views)

Re: Best Practice For Larger Spec PE Piping & Smaller Valves

06-03-2013 10:10 PM in reply to: cmcdonnell

Did you try to modify the selection list in the spec and catalog. Can you send me your drawing. I will try to add one and send you.

Vinod Balasubramanian
*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 3 of 3 (178 Views)

Re: Best Practice For Larger Spec PE Piping & Smaller Valves

06-04-2013 06:03 AM in reply to: cmcdonnell

How does the software knows 110mm PE pipe requires 100mm valves? I recommend you to create another property to fill in the OD (110mm). Fill in 100mm in the existing size property. The valve should automatically get the 100mm value. But then you'll need to update the line tag and annotation to point to the new OD property.

Or just can just override the valve size yourself.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community