AutoCAD P&ID General

Contributor
Keough
Message 1 of 3 (602 Views)

AutoCAD P&ID 2013 - Similar Problems?

602 Views, 2 Replies
11-09-2012 08:55 AM

Well, I thought upgrading to 2013 would fix some issues with the program - as I was told it would in another thread... But it didn't - and created a handful of new problems.

1. The OSNAP issue has not changed, it still changes nearest to on (With no option to stop it that I'm aware of), and turns polar OFF, ORTHO temporarily ON then OFF again... What a mess, I thought this was fixed?????????

2. There is some new thing that creates a box around control valves making it increasingly difficult to alter them (actuater substitution, add flanged endcodes, etc.) which is controlled somehow (and not-consistantly) by a box in the properties dialogue with a '+' or '1' in it. What is the purpose of this? Its the most painfully unwanted thing I've seen so far.

3. With 2 people working in a project, you cannot change certain items in the project properties, which is normal and accepted, but when I get my coworker to close the program so I can change settings/ items, and he opens P&ID again, the changes do not take effect. I am currently having to make the changes, completely close autocad, have him restart his computer, then open the project again in order for the changes to take effect.

All in all I am very dissapointed with the new 2013 software. The bugs I was told were fixed, were not, and a whole bag of new ones have been unleashed. Is there any way to bring my project back to P&ID 2011, where at least the program is predictable in its ways and co-operates?

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 2 of 3 (551 Views)

Re: AutoCAD P&ID 2013 - Similar Problems?

11-13-2012 07:39 PM in reply to: Keough

Have him use "synchstyles" to update symbol/annotation changes. Also, set "syncstylesmode" to "1" if you're only using P&ID, not the 3D side. Othewise if using P&ID and P3D, set it to "63". If you set the syncstylesmode, symbols/annotations should automatically update upon opening a drawing.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Contributor
Keough
Message 3 of 3 (531 Views)

Re: AutoCAD P&ID 2013 - Similar Problems?

11-15-2012 08:05 AM in reply to: craig.wood

Thanks Craig! Changing the setting to "1" didn't seem to help though, but it seems I had forgotten all about the SYNCHSTYLES command, which will update the project after updates, so thanks for that! Saves a fair amount of time!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community