AutoCAD P&ID General

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 1 of 4 (459 Views)

Auto-Nozzle Died -- SOS

459 Views, 3 Replies
04-09-2012 03:25 PM

I've run into yet another snag in setting up AutoCAD P&ID. I was adding different nozzles today and for no apparent reason, the auto-nozzle feature stopped working. I thought it may have been because I had renamed a few nozzles (which would make the program not very robust if that were the case), but after going back and changing them back to the default settings, nothing had changed. I've tried connecting pipe to several different types of equipment as well, but to no avail.

Please help, I need to have this project setup finished by next week and have this issue along with 2 other major outstanding issues (from earlier post: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-P-ID/Valve-Substitution-amp-Annotation-Problem/td-p/3399851).

I've attached my projSymbolStyle.dwg and project.xml file if anyone is up to the task of troubleshooting what might be the reason my project files seem to be having these major issues.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Craig

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 2 of 4 (438 Views)

Re: Auto-Nozzle Died -- SOS

04-10-2012 05:55 PM in reply to: craig.wood

Update 4/10/12

I may have a clue as to what broke my auto-nozzle feature, but need help restoring it.

I ran auditproject on projSymbolStyles.dwg and received the following notification:

My guess it that I broke the reference to the default nozzle used for the auto-nozzle feature when I renamed the nozzle, namely the "Double Line Nozzle."

I renamed/changed it back to the out of the box settings, but it still seems that the reference is broken. How can this be fixed so the auto-nozzle feature may be restored?

Thanks,

Craig

Clive_Murphy
Message 3 of 4 (339 Views)

02-27-2013 03:29 PM in reply to: craig.wood

Hi Craig, Did you find a way to fix the problem, or did you have to throw that project away and start again from scratch?

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 4 of 4 (335 Views)

02-27-2013 04:03 PM in reply to: Clive_Murphy

No resolution ever came for this issue, and I soon thereafter decided to scrap my project setup and start clean due to a couple of other major issues I ran into. It was painful, but I'm glad to have this feature and avoided breaking it a second time. I don't know what kind of timeframe you're looking at, but 2014 ought to be coming out in early April. As for me, I plan on creating a brand new project template from it in hopes that many of the issues I ran into will be addressed in it.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community