Contributor
nikoR
Message 1 of 7 (1,169 Views)
Accepted Solution

Acquisition rules break often with no reason

1169 Views, 6 Replies
10-10-2012 02:44 AM

Hi, 

Fields with Acquisition rules get empty fields occasionally even if there is data in fields it acquires from (and they are connected correctly). This happens especially when EXPORTTOAUTOCAD is used, but regularly also without it. 

Also, wirh Windows 7 the user cannot utilize the "Acquisition Property Update Utility" because netload doesn't function any more (it did with Win XP). This can be overcomed by modifying  acad.exe.config -file but not feasibel solution with dozend of users with limited privilegies to modify that file.

So:

1) Why Acquired fields get ompty fields with no apparent reason?

2) Could REFRESHACQPOPERTY -command cannot be standard feature in PID2013 - if not - why?

Ideas Appreciated - Thanks!

Product Support
Dan.Scales
Message 2 of 7 (1,132 Views)

Re: Acquisition rules break often with no reason

10-12-2012 02:36 AM in reply to: nikoR

Hi,

To prevent the NETLOAD error the DLL should be placed in the install directory of Plant or P&ID rather than on a network drive.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Contributor
nikoR
Message 3 of 7 (1,125 Views)

10-12-2012 04:56 AM in reply to: Dan.Scales

Thanks; this solved that netload-problem. Actually our designers cannot modify the contents of folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD P&ID 2012 – English either because of corporate IT security limitations. But the .dll file can be copied to c:\Temp –folder and netload works from there.

hung.tam
Message 4 of 7 (975 Views)

10-29-2012 08:52 AM in reply to: nikoR

Check out if this tool helps. There's a plugin for updating acquisition value.

http://lazcad.com/2012/10/lazplantbrowser-v0.2beta

You can also check out the way i build the package using autoloader format so it can be loaded to the software without netload.

Contributor
nikoR
Message 5 of 7 (601 Views)

03-05-2013 12:59 AM in reply to: hung.tam

Thanks - that sems to be handy tool! I noticed though that if I select "Zoom All" in addition to other commands, it seems it's not doing the other selected updates, e.g. Refresh Acquisition. But if Zoom All is not selected, it really updates the acquisitions. Thanks you!

Also Autodesk supplied hotfix to the EXPORTTOAUTOCAD-problem.  

*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 6 of 7 (461 Views)

03-18-2013 08:00 AM in reply to: nikoR

Make sure you're using the new bug fix version here :smileyhappy:

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Contributor
nikoR
Message 7 of 7 (430 Views)

03-21-2013 04:16 AM in reply to: Rave.Tam

Thanks Rave;

I'm using the latest version and works like a charm :smileyhappy:

(Still I think it does not no updates when zoom all is selected.. However, I just don't select it)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community