AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Active Contributor
earnold
Message 1 of 2 (113 Views)

numbering and connecting slines

113 Views, 1 Replies
06-04-2008 09:48 AM
I would like to be able to connect lines that have different line numbers, so that a line, for instance, that is tagged 1001 would be connected to 1002 but both would still keep their unique line numbers. The To property for 1001 would say "To 1002" and to the From property for 1002 would say "From 1001". Is there any way to do this?
Valued Contributor
mbest
Message 2 of 2 (113 Views)

Re: numbering and connecting slines

06-12-2008 07:57 PM in reply to: earnold
Hey bumble,

What you're asking can be done but it's not pretty. And the end result is an untagged line between the connection.

1. create your full line length that you'll need.
2. at the point you want to have the break, insert a segment breaker. Both lines will seamingly break but not really.
3. select the line, rt click and select "Schematic Line Edit", Then "Break"
4. pick the line connection at the segment breaker, then pick on the line one way or the other.
5. delete the segment breaker

Now you should be able to assign 2 different numbers to the 2 lines you want label. If you look in the Data Manager, you should see the the short unmarked (??-??-???) "break line" tag in the list and the "To" and "From" should show what you are looking for.

As an added indication that the break line was not important, I left all the spaces in the "Assign Tag" blank except for the line number itself. I put the word NULL in there instead of numbers.

I told you it wasn't pretty.

Regards,
Mike
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.