AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

graham1414
Message 1 of 4 (754 Views)

Rename Class Name in project manager

754 Views, 3 Replies
11-20-2012 06:13 AM

I am required to use a french version of autocad P&ID 2013 and need to rename the class name descriptions in the project manager.

I am able to do this manually for each item , but it is taking a long time.

Is there a file that I can edit to change these items instead of having to go to each class.

thanks

Active Contributor
rchiasson
Message 2 of 4 (635 Views)

Re: Rename Class Name in project manager

12-05-2012 09:24 AM in reply to: graham1414

That I know of at the moment, there is no easy way for doing this besides individually. Similar if you want your equipment to come in a different color.

Contributor
Keough
Message 3 of 4 (625 Views)

12-05-2012 01:06 PM in reply to: rchiasson

Unfortunately I cannot help with the renaming.

To change the color of all the equipment at once, you can try going to the projSymbolStyle drawing and changing the equipment layer color via the layer menu, this will affect anything on that particular layer in your project.

Valued Contributor
alvaro.nimasco
Message 4 of 4 (448 Views)

02-20-2013 06:03 AM in reply to: Keough

I have the same problem, is there a solution in 2013 version ?.  Which is the easiest way to change the class name and the Graphic Style in a line thats already drawn ?

Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community