AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

brian.lund
Message 1 of 5 (578 Views)

Problem with Wipeout Not Working

578 Views, 4 Replies
01-22-2013 08:32 AM

I'm hoping someone else has this problem and a solution because it's driving me nuts. I'm trying to create a whole new set of instrument bubbles and annotations for a three line setup. I've followed all the proper instructions and tried everything I can think of but in most of the symbols the wipeouts will only block the circle graphic but will not block the straight lines if the text is too long. As I said I have tried everything I can think of but can not get any consistency in this problem.

Any great ideas out there?

Brian

Valued Contributor
georgeendrulat
Message 2 of 5 (573 Views)

Re: Problem with Wipeout Not Working

01-22-2013 09:48 AM in reply to: brian.lund

Try selecting the attribute/text and right click --> draw order --> bring to front, it might be the problem.

brian.lund
Message 3 of 5 (569 Views)

01-22-2013 10:21 AM in reply to: georgeendrulat

Thanks but that is not the problem. When I'm in the block editor working on the block the wipeout workd fine, blanking all the graphics under it and all the bubble graphics are under it. But when I insert the block the wipeout will only block the circle part of the block but none of the straight lines.

Brian

Distinguished Contributor
jarredmonday
Message 4 of 5 (468 Views)

02-15-2013 05:50 AM in reply to: brian.lund

Attach the file if you're still having an issue with this. I had something similar happen to me when I was creating a few dynamic blocks and for me it ended up being I had multiple wipeouts on top of each other.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
brian.lund
Message 5 of 5 (463 Views)

02-15-2013 06:12 AM in reply to: brian.lund

I got it fixed eventually. I found out a couple of things. First it works best if you setup the stacking and the wipeouts before you create the blocks. Everytime I tried to correct the stacking or the wipeouts in the blocks editor I got very inconsistant results. And second you just have to be very meticulous in setting the stretch commands. I was doing so many of them in a row that you tend to get a bit sloppy. Once I went back and started from scratch and drank a lot of coffee I eventually got everything to work.

Thanks for the offer.

Brian

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community