AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Active Contributor
eiloneng
Message 1 of 10 (1,113 Views)

Problem when exporting to AutoCad

1113 Views, 9 Replies
09-28-2010 06:12 AM

Hello all,

Whe rxporting an AutoCad P&ID drawing to to AutoCad, that tag in dome of the instruments or the labels in the spec change block are rotated 90 degrees.

in order to present the drawing to clients we have to look throughly and edit the Autocad drawing by rotating the tag text.

in a drawing this happens with the specific entity whenever exporting

What is the reason, and how can it be avoided

Jacob Eilon

Employee
lopezjo
Message 2 of 10 (1,058 Views)

Re: Problem when exporting to AutoCad

10-01-2010 04:06 PM in reply to: eiloneng

Hi Jacob,

Can you describe the steps I can use to reproduce this issue?

Thanks

Jorge Lopez
Software Architect
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Active Contributor
eiloneng
Message 3 of 10 (1,050 Views)

10-02-2010 01:42 AM in reply to: eiloneng

This was simple export to Autocad 2010 of a P&ID drawing.  in the original P&ID drawing thins looked OK

if trying to find rule for this happening: The FQ lies on a mechanical link from the FIT to the FIC and this recieves the numeric tag from the mechanical link.

THis rotation of the tag appeares in a similar situation somewhere else in he drawing.

pdh
pdh
Message 4 of 10 (917 Views)

11-27-2010 03:38 PM in reply to: eiloneng

I have a simular case, where a lot of text is mirrored and/or rotatet when the drawings are exportet to AutoCAD 2010 of 2007 formatet. :smileysad:

Best Regards

Per Damsgaard
NTI CADcenter A/S
Employee
PeterQuinn
Message 5 of 10 (878 Views)

12-03-2010 11:39 AM in reply to: pdh

Thanks for letting us know of this problem. I think we understand what the problem is and have it logged in our system to be fixed in a future version. It would be helpful to get a drawing that shows the problem so we can be sure.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

pdh
pdh
Message 6 of 10 (869 Views)

12-04-2010 08:10 AM in reply to: eiloneng

Hi,

How many drawings would you like to have ? and where can I send them ?

Best regards,

Per Damsgaard

Best Regards

Per Damsgaard
NTI CADcenter A/S
Contributor
nikoR
Message 7 of 10 (537 Views)

04-20-2012 03:48 AM in reply to: pdh

Hello;

So is this problem supposed to be fixed by now? Now, two years after those messages above we still have exaclty similar problems as above using PID2012 when DWG:s exported to Autocad - pls see the attachment. Happens every time to same instruments.

Pls inform is it going to be fixed or is there even any workarounds.

Thank you!

Contributor
Sfarris2
Message 8 of 10 (470 Views)

05-22-2012 06:45 AM in reply to: nikoR

My workaround is to not insert instrument bubbles on lines and do not mirror them when copying them on the drawing. In my experience that is what causes the orientation to change when exported to AutoCAD. I avoid the problem by inserting the instrument and then attaching the lines to either side as required.

Contributor
Keough
Message 9 of 10 (451 Views)

05-23-2012 07:31 AM in reply to: Sfarris2

I've been having the same issue, time and time again, and I think I know why - but it still should be fixed by autodesk.. One of many things autodesk seems to lack interest in addressing properly.

This is my understanding:

The instruments are in essence dynamic blocks. These blocks are given an orientation that auto rotates in autocad P&ID so that it looks correct (but still keeps its base point). When you go to export to regular autocad, P&ID doesn't keep the Instrument oriented as it is displayed in P&ID, it changes it to whichever way it hapened to be changed, if it were rotated or mirrored at any point (impossible to tell in P&ID, as it always shows it as being correct orintation), then it will show it when you export.

My Fix: Just be very careful when copying/moving instruments. If they rotate, rotate them back in-place, otherwise, waste time checking for messed up instruments on every single drawing... This really adds a long time when trying to issue a 70 drawing set...

*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 10 of 10 (415 Views)

06-11-2012 06:40 PM in reply to: Keough

attsync should fix the block (on the exported drawing). But do not attsync the whole drawing, because the offpage connector will came out wrong

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community