AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Employee
TomislavGolubovic
Message 11 of 15 (284 Views)

Re: Part Numbers

02-10-2013 02:42 PM in reply to: cadwomen

If I understand the question correctly, you just want to assign a predefined list, or a empty field for the valves?

In the Project Properties, you can go into the P&ID Classes, and drill through the list until you get to the valves. Inside the Valves section, you can add a field called "Part Number" at the Parent, which means the valves under the parent get this new field. You can make the field a pulldown list, or just an empty field, to which the users would put in the appropriate part number for the valve.

Tomislav Golubovic
Plant Solutions Engineer
Autodesk Australia / New Zealand
Autodesk, Inc.

Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 12 of 15 (275 Views)

02-11-2013 10:43 AM in reply to: TomislavGolubovic

Another thing you could do is to make a valve for each part number listed in your project. I am just saying this because of the comment you made about having the pull down list. At least this way you could place the valve in your Palette and have the description listed next to it so the user knew the valve they were using. The only problem is that the valve still could be placed on any size line even through the description might say a particular size.

So, when you set this up in the project properties you would go ahead and enter the part number. That way when the valve is placed the part number is already assocaited with the valve.

2013-02-11_1024.png

So, then the user would look at the palette for valve and select the correct one to place on the line. Then as you can see in the properties you can see the part number is assocaited with the valve.

2013-02-11_1022.png

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras
Distinguished Contributor
cadwomen
Message 13 of 15 (266 Views)

02-11-2013 11:49 PM in reply to: quentin.contreras

PM

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
MarkN13
Message 14 of 15 (258 Views)

02-12-2013 08:51 AM in reply to: TomislavGolubovic

I have already done what Tomislav has suggested as kind of a test.  It would be a passable solution except by the time I'm done we could literally have hundreds of parts.  I'm also afraid it would be tedious to dig through all the parts and it would be easy for the user to select the wrong part for the size and service.

Employee
TomislavGolubovic
Message 15 of 15 (254 Views)

02-12-2013 11:51 AM in reply to: MarkN13

In that case, let the designers leave the number blank and use Data Manager to export the P&ID data to Excel, in which you can edit the part numbers, and then import the data back in.

Tomislav Golubovic
Plant Solutions Engineer
Autodesk Australia / New Zealand
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community