AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

pmason
Message 1 of 5 (598 Views)
Accepted Solution

PIDTAG dialog box

598 Views, 4 Replies
01-03-2013 05:00 AM

PIDTAG dialog box does not display with some custom symbols that have been created.  I have tried typing PIDTAG and get the following message: Invalid selection: tag can not be assigned to this entity.

Employee
JarrodMudford
Message 2 of 5 (581 Views)

Re: PIDTAG dialog box

01-03-2013 06:18 PM in reply to: pmason

Check to make sure you have set the symbol to a tagged item. By default it is always 'Not a tagged component'.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.
pmason
Message 3 of 5 (572 Views)

01-04-2013 04:48 AM in reply to: pmason
I'm not sure where to check to see if the symbol is set to be a tagged item. I have attached a screen shot of my problem, AutoCAD Image 1. I have also tried going to the Data Manager to select the Tag column to enter the required information but this does not display the dialog box either. It seems that some symbols that I have created will have this 'Assign Tag' selection and the dialog box appears and updates the drawing and database.
DinantWeenk
Message 4 of 5 (541 Views)

01-07-2013 12:08 AM in reply to: pmason

You go to your ProjectSetup (right mouse click on projectname in the Projectmanager and use Properties or Home Ribbon ProjectManager and select option ProjectSetup)

Go to your Engineering Items under the P&ID DWG Settings -> P&ID Class Definitions.

Here you see the main classes Equipment, Inline Assets, Instrumentation, Lines and Nozzles.

In these classes the sub classes and the symbol classes are found.

I assume you know this, there you have created custom symbols.

At the symbol level (you have no plus sign before the class name) you find at the right side of the symbol picture

the option Edit Symbol.

With this option you set layers, insertion scale, rotation but also if the symbol is Tagged or not.

This is the option Tagging prompt. if this one is set to Not a tagged component you will never be able to give the symbol a TAG number. The other options give you the possibility to give the symbol at a given time a TAG number.

!! this is a symbol setting, if you have more than one symbols in one class you will have to do this for all of them.

pmason
Message 5 of 5 (534 Views)

01-07-2013 04:45 AM in reply to: pmason

I did changed the settings from 'Not a Tagged Component' to 'Prompt for Tag during Component Creation' but this does not seem to make any difference.  I have been able to add the tag names from the 'Edit Annotation' dialog box but not from the 'Assign Tag' dialog box.  Also if I go into a drawing with any of the items that I have created that have been turned into P&ID Object Blocks their Tag name changes from (IE) EQ-HRS1-0000-0001 to EQ-? and I have to go to the Edit Annotation dialog box to revise.  Please see attachment.  I do thank you for your help with some of the problem the problem seems to be more than just a setting.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.