AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
cawaugh
Message 1 of 5 (505 Views)

PID and other AutoCAD products

505 Views, 4 Replies
01-26-2007 12:14 PM
Autodesk has AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD PID to mention a few. If a company has users who are multi-disciplined, say Electrical, Mechanical and PIDs, they would need to buy at least 3 of the prodiucts seperately inorder to cover their work load. Why not think about, for this type of customer, having "modules" of Electrical, Mechanical and PID. The customer orders AutoCAD and then adds one or more of the "modules" to round out their software suite. Many companies cannot afford 3 seperate packages so the make due with less. It also would streamline deployment of these packages and would allow for more flexiblility in creating "complete" working solutions without breaking the bank. Just a thought for Autodesk. Come up with an opportunity to "bundle" software that will allow flexiblility in use and cost effectiveness in pricing.
Mentor
Hugh_Compton
Message 2 of 5 (505 Views)

Re: PID and other AutoCAD products

02-01-2007 06:36 AM in reply to: cawaugh
Building Systems is close to covering those elements.
---------------------------------------
CAD Resource Site
http://www.herculedesign.com/
*Peter Quinn
Message 3 of 5 (505 Views)

02-01-2007 02:38 PM in reply to: cawaugh
Hugh,

I don't have a good answer to the original question, but I thought I'd
address your comment. The ABS product is close to having the stuff that's
required for a P&ID, but it doesn't quite do it. The ABS focus is on the
requirements for the Building users who seldom need a P&ID. That's why we
built an application for Plant users who have a need for a specialized P&ID
application.

Peter Quinn (Autodesk)

wrote in message news:5471351@discussion.autodesk.com...
Building Systems is close to covering those elements.
CAD Resource Site
http://www.herculedesign.com/
Distinguished Contributor
cawaugh
Message 4 of 5 (505 Views)

02-02-2007 03:54 AM in reply to: cawaugh
I think we need it as well. What would be nice is if we could build a package that would fit our needs starting with Base AutoCAD. We have so many multi-discipline users that it makes better financial sense for us if we build startingwith AutoCAD and adding Mechanical, Electrical, PID in whatever config suits the end user within the company. Mayb all the end user wants is AutoCAD or Mechanical or Electrical or PID, then have that option. This was a thought that many have expressed and would like to see. Now it all depends on how "flexible" Autodesk can be with bundling their software. It's a great opportunity and I think more overall sales for Autodesk. Thanks for responding!
Femcadder
Message 5 of 5 (505 Views)

03-20-2007 01:00 PM in reply to: cawaugh
I thought that is what REVIT MEP is supposed to do?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community