AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Contributor
MSpadaro
Message 1 of 4 (268 Views)

P&iD PipingLIne counter

268 Views, 3 Replies
04-18-2013 11:48 PM

Have anybody try to use the P&id 2014? Thje PipeLine counter defined in the PipeLine.Group as unique data is not working anymnore. When inserting the line you get a list of the lines already inserted but you can enter and old number as many tiomes you want, getting lots of lines with the same number on one or sevaral P&iDs.

Any help?

thanks

mauro

*Expert Elite*
dave.wolfe
Message 2 of 4 (240 Views)

Re: P&iD PipingLIne counter

04-19-2013 05:06 PM in reply to: MSpadaro
When you enter the same number are you getting prompted to link the lines? Is the box checked to create a new group?
Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

ECAD, Inc.
Tips and Tricks on our blog: Process Design, from the Outside

A P3D Authorized Reseller
Contributor
MSpadaro
Message 3 of 4 (217 Views)

04-22-2013 06:58 AM in reply to: MSpadaro

no, when iserted the same line number the systems just does it nevertheless the option "update the Line Pipe Group ..." is on or off.

Which other options should i see?

thanks

bye

mauro

*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 4 of 4 (206 Views)

04-22-2013 08:50 AM in reply to: MSpadaro

Tried this and you're right. When you assign the line number which exist on the same drawing, it will automatically add the line to the existing line group. No prompt is shown.  

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.