AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Active Contributor
kchristman
Message 1 of 6 (1,141 Views)
Accepted Solution

P&ID Loop Number Grouping

1141 Views, 5 Replies
12-10-2012 01:14 PM

Is there a way to group common loop numbers for various instruments (like FE 1521 and FIT 1521) so changing the number in one place changes all?

Valued Contributor
Arthur_Dent
Message 2 of 6 (1,119 Views)

Re: P&ID Loop Number Grouping

12-11-2012 07:32 AM in reply to: kchristman

There are two ways of making it easier than going into the Assign Tag dialog box multiple times: - Go into Data Manager to edit the loop numbers for the objects (not ideal, but it works). - In Project Setup, uncheck the Read Only status for the loop number property. Then you can select multiple instrument bubbles and change the loop number for all of the selected instruments in Properties at the same time.

Valued Contributor
georgeendrulat
Message 3 of 6 (954 Views)

01-14-2013 11:51 AM in reply to: Arthur_Dent

Setting the group number to not readonly will allow you to assign multiple instruments at once, but keep in mind it will not verify if there are duplicate tags using this method.  You can end up with a PI-PT-PI all with the same group number which shouldn't be allowed.

Active Contributor
kchristman
Message 4 of 6 (944 Views)

01-15-2013 02:31 PM in reply to: kchristman

I gave this a try and with the read only turned off I placed a PI – 5112, a PIT – 5112 and then tried to place another PI – 5112.  This returned an error on duplicate tag not allowed.

Valued Contributor
georgeendrulat
Message 5 of 6 (932 Views)

01-16-2013 05:34 AM in reply to: kchristman

How did you set all the instrument numbers?  One by one?  If so it will return the error.  If you set all of them at once with multiple selections and then in the properties pallette changing the value it might not, as it does not provide the error for me this way.  Autocad P&ID 2012.

Active Contributor
kchristman
Message 6 of 6 (923 Views)

01-16-2013 07:24 AM in reply to: kchristman

Thanks for the clarification.  Following your example of making the change via the Properties palette, I also got the same results of a duplicate tag.  I did notice that this was only on the graphic and the Data manager threw a question mark on the end of the tag.  This is certainly something to consider.  Again thanks for your input.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community