AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

brandon.antes
Message 1 of 3 (337 Views)

Multiple Users Tool Palette

337 Views, 2 Replies
11-14-2007 11:05 AM
Since tool palettes are project based, to modify a tool palette, a person has to make sure they are the last person to exit the project. This saves the changes to their tool palette as a "master".

We have a project with 3 users. We have been adding components to our tool palettes. Each time a user adds a component, we make sure they are the last to exit the project.

When all the users re-open the project the tool palette is updated for all users, execpt mine.

The other 2 users have tool palettes that are update from their previous modification. My toll palette does not update.

When i add a component to my tool palette, and have everyone exit the project (myself last). It updates my tool palette, but not the other users.

Any ideas?
Employee
sivapd
Message 2 of 3 (337 Views)

Re: Multiple Users Tool Palette

11-14-2007 08:22 PM in reply to: brandon.antes
Tool Palette locations are controlled by the AutoCAD Options dialog shown below. Usually it is configured to get the tool palettes from the local machine and each user will have their own TP. Have you configured this for all users to point to the same network tool palette location?

Siva Thankappan
Technical Sales, Plant Solutions, Asia Pacific
Autodesk Singapore
brandon.antes
Message 3 of 3 (337 Views)

Re: Multiple Users Tool Palette

11-15-2007 05:13 AM in reply to: brandon.antes
Got it. I had remapped one of my network drives containing the TP, and hadn't changed the path in Options, so it was reverting to the default in my C:\Docs & Settings

Thanks
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.