AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Active Contributor
M!chelle
Message 1 of 3 (303 Views)

LINE EDITING REMOVES TAGS?

303 Views, 2 Replies
10-16-2012 10:38 AM

Question -

I'm working through some edits and changing my line spec, for example from CS2 to SS1.  This is in P&ID and there is no model built.  When I change the line spec, it wipes out all the valve tag numbers so I am having to retag everything on that line. Including my assigned line tag numbers.

Is this normal?  It seems that after I reassign everything and then make the edit again it, back to CS2 or whatever from the drop down I have set up, then it doesn't affect the tags?

Just trying to figure out if it's the files I'm working on or if it's P&ID rules.

Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 2 of 3 (275 Views)

Re: LINE EDITING REMOVES TAGS?

10-17-2012 04:33 PM in reply to: M!chelle

I just opened a new P&ID project and just tried this and the valve tag numbers remained the same. It sounds like it could be realted to how you have your valve tags and line tag configured. Could you possibly attach screen shots of their configration?

You might try to run the SYNCHSTYLES right after you make the line change and see if that reverts them back.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras
Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 3 of 3 (231 Views)

Re: LINE EDITING REMOVES TAGS?

10-23-2012 09:58 AM in reply to: M!chelle

Have you resolved your problem? Did my suggestion help?

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.