AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Valued Contributor
Jean_Francois_Nant
Message 1 of 4 (523 Views)
Accepted Solution

Change objects colors

523 Views, 3 Replies
11-28-2012 01:04 PM

I need to change lots of objects's (p&id entity - block) color. We want to print the drawings in color... What's the easiest thing to do & how should I takle this one?

Thanks!

Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 2 of 4 (493 Views)

Re: Change objects colors

11-29-2012 04:35 PM in reply to: Jean_Francois_Nant

I would recommend you setup a template project and work on all the changes for the template before starting a project. It can be labor intensive. However, it will save you loads of time down the road.

In your project you will find a DWG file named "projSymbolStyle.dwg". Within this file is were you will find block symbols stored and also where you need to setup particular blocks and layers you wish to use for your customization. Just take caution when making changes to existing layers and blocks because they could possibly effect interation with how the project manager is setup.

2012-11-29_1605.png

You can also change layers and colors for items by editing the symbols in the Project Setup.

2012-11-29_1614.png

The other place you can look at setting up layers to preload is in your drawing Titlesheet.

2012-11-29_1632.png

I hope this is the information you were looking for.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras
Valued Contributor
Jean_Francois_Nant
Message 3 of 4 (482 Views)

11-30-2012 05:12 AM in reply to: quentin.contreras

This is a very dedicated & detailed answer, thank you very much, its appreciated.

Unfortunatly the project was started & finished in AutoCAD P&ID. We actually ended up exporting to AutoCAD, exploding all the proxy object that we could & matching the layer color to what we needed. I'm surprised that there's no object enablers for autoCAD P&ID? I tried the Plant 3D object enabler but it still did not work...

Thanks for your help!:smileyhappy:

Active Contributor
eiloneng
Message 4 of 4 (468 Views)

12-01-2012 01:08 AM in reply to: Jean_Francois_Nant

On the same subject:

What would be the best way to deal with the issue that an object has to change ita color during project lifetime i.e. it has one color as new (to be installed) and later as exists (already done )

This issue arises when using Autocad P&ID for plant database (both existing entitie and new projects)

Best regards

Jacob Eilon

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.