AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

brian
Message 1 of 6 (958 Views)

Autocad P&ID Flow arrows

958 Views, 5 Replies
02-07-2012 12:56 PM

We are using AutoCAD plant for a project.  When we go to plot the flow arrows on the P&IDs shown in the program are not showing up on the plot preview.  Is there any reason this would happen?  Please see attached and advise!!! Thanks.

Dennis_W
Message 2 of 6 (955 Views)

Re: Autocad P&ID Flow arrows

02-07-2012 01:00 PM in reply to: brian

I am having the same exact issue.

Valued Mentor
ybogdanov
Message 3 of 6 (943 Views)

02-07-2012 01:57 PM in reply to: Dennis_W

Do you have last service pack installed? Attach dwg file here for review

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
otto2010
Message 4 of 6 (744 Views)

02-11-2013 03:57 AM in reply to: brian

Was there ever a solution for this found? I'm currently deal with this issue is 2013, my flow arrows are showing on screen on the drawing but on print previews and plots they're nowhere to be seen. The same is also happening for the solid hatched ends to my off-page connectors. I have deleted and re-created the symbols in project setup, I have opened the drawing on different machines and I have re-installed the software. The flow arrows show as they should when the drawing is exported from P&ID to normal AutoCAD.

Employee
TomislavGolubovic
Message 5 of 6 (725 Views)

02-14-2013 11:41 AM in reply to: otto2010

I had someone use custom flow arrows, and they didn't plot. When we delved into it, there was something with the hatch/color/layer of the block, that didn't let it plot.

Tomislav Golubovic
Plant Solutions Engineer
Autodesk Australia / New Zealand
Autodesk, Inc.

otto2010
Message 6 of 6 (696 Views)

02-18-2013 01:29 AM in reply to: brian

Since my last post, I have re-drawn the symbols and re-added them - exactly as they were before with the solid hatching on the same layer as previous - and they are working fine now. I suspect it had something to do with them originally being drawn in a previous version of the software but I'm not sure. Thanks for your reply.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.