AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
Gabriel.N
Message 1 of 5 (771 Views)

Annotation RESET Problem

771 Views, 4 Replies
03-29-2011 03:02 PM

Actually I realize now  when I modify the  "projSymbolStyle.dwg" file happens the same thing  that when I change something in Project Proprites , all my annotations are reset.

Annex Before and After modify the "projSymbolStyle.dwg" file.

Gabriel.N
Message 2 of 5 (762 Views)

Re: Annotation RESET Problem

03-29-2011 09:29 PM in reply to: Gabriel.N

My God! This has been a really serious problem. I have sold the idea of AutoCAD P & ID since January for a client in Brazil. And this problem can really cripple the job. I've lost more than a month doing the customization of symbols, tags, styles etc. Because   every time I add a new item or modify this "blessed" file it resets my drawings.

Even if a document is already finished, if I open it just visualize, and if there are any changes made ​​in this projSymbolStyle.dwg, it mess all my annotations.

I'm completely lost!

Does anyone know how to contact  Autodesk directly ?

I was trying to sell the idea of AutoCAD Plant 3D, for the detailing phase of  project. But now I do not know.

Gabriel.N
Message 3 of 5 (715 Views)

03-31-2011 08:03 PM in reply to: Gabriel.N

I was able to solve some of the problems, but that persists.

Check the picture annex.

When the annotation resets seems to reset to the original length, before the stretch parameter do his work, stretching the oval graphic to embrace the TAG.

Other problem is the auto-insert Annotation, if it is able with prompt to TAG, my annotation goes to 0,0,0 coordinate. I guess it happens because the prompt for TAG insertion comes after the prompt for base point to annotation insertion; in my theory when that happens the TAG prompt over pass the Annotation prompt, putting it on 0,0,0.

Is there some alive here?

Employee
lopezjo
Message 4 of 5 (692 Views)

04-07-2011 07:37 AM in reply to: Gabriel.N

First let me apologize for the tardy response.

I am unable to reproduce the original issue in the latest software. Perhaps it is a bug we fixed.

If you click on the annotation and move it slightly, does it correct clipping of the line?

Can you try running SYNCHSTYLES from the command line to see if it helps?

Lastly, we do not script in annotation placements so the order of prompts should not affect placement.

In both cases, if you can provide steps to reproduce using a new project, I will make sure the issue is logged and addressed.

Thanks.

Jorge Lopez
Software Architect
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Gabriel.N
Message 5 of 5 (688 Views)

04-07-2011 08:59 AM in reply to: Gabriel.N

Yes, when I triple click on annotation grip it fix the annotation. But if that I have to click all annotations to fix it.

The command SYNCHSTYLES didn't fix the problem.

About the steps to reproduce that I guess it must be some thing like that:

1- Draw a new Line;

2- Assign a TAG;

3- Annotate;

4- Go to Project Setup.

5- Make some change and click ok.

6- That is enough to reset the annotation.

Check the the annex "Annotation Problem 003.jpg" of my customized annotation to see if there is any problem there.

Check the the annex "Annotation Problem 004.jpg" to see the TAG format.

I thanks a lot for the attention that has been a headache.

I've reported another problems, please check them.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community