I am setting up a standards DWT file and require:
- 4 different borders (A,B,C,D size)
- 4 different titleblocks (A,B,C,D size)
- 2 different revision block types (A size, all others)
The problem is that when I add a line to the revision via AMREVLINE there seems to be 4 ways of doing so and each yields different results.
Start the AMREVLINE command then:
- press enter for global
- select the border
- select the titleblock
- select one of the previous lines
The behavior is different for each of the different layouts I create via AMTITLE.
test one: no selection on initial insertion (global)
none border titleblock revline
a new new new new
b new adds adds new
c adds new new adds
d adds new new adds
test two: border selection on initial insertion
same results as above
The new revision row will either be added to the prior list or create a new one.
What are the rules of AMREVLINE row addition?
Global Space will insert a new revline always. Whereas Border/Titleblock will add a revline to the last inserted revline.
Please see below example.
- Insert a revline using Global (P1)
- amrevline>>Select Border/Titleblock>>will add to the revline inserted in step-1
- Insert a revline using Global (arbitrary P1)
- amrevline>>Select Border/Titleblock>>will add to the revline inserted in step-1 (will add to P1)
- Insert a revline using Global (arbitrary P2)
- amrevline>>Select Border/Titleblock>>will add to the revline inserted in step-3 (will add to P2)
Therefore use Global option only when you insert a revline for the first time. Thereafter, I would suggest you to use Border/Titleblock option to add subsequent revlines.
Hope this helps
In your Scenario-1, two of my four sizes are working as you suggest and two are not.
C & D sizes are working perfectly.
However, the A & B sizes are not.
I did a further test using the following:
D Titleblock with B Border = Works as you have described
B Titleblock with D Border = Works as you have described
A Titleblock with D Border = Works as you have described
D Titleblock with A Border = Works as you have described
B Titleblock with B Border = just keeps adding new revline sets
A Titleblock with A Border = just keeps adding new revline sets
My method for the test was:
- start a new file
- AMTITLE (selecting the appropriate border/titleblock)
- AMREVLINE (hitting 'return' for global space, type in a revision number, place the revision line set via snapping to a titleblock line)
- AMREVLINE (selecting the previously added Revision line, typing in the next revision number)
Any ideas why I could be seeing this behaviour?
In your method of test, on step 3 and 4, can you always select Border (instead of Global) and verify if it adds a revline to previous one?
The issue is that the behaviour is different for C and D sizes. What is the issue with the different behaviour for the different sizes?
I am very tired of chasing this issue in circles. can I send someone a data set and have thenm just solve it?
Can you zip and attach the file to this thread or send them at sridharDOTsubramaniATautodeskDOTcom
Also let me know AutoCAD Mechanical version and operating system.