AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded"

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
mayur123186
59915 Views, 13 Replies

"The ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded"

Hi,

This is Mayur..i am using AutoCAD Mechanical 2010.

When I start AutoCAD  the above mention error appears on the ribbon.
In my pc AutoCAD is installed in Administrator account and i m using it in a guest account.
The error is appering only in my account and not in Administrator account.

My account does not have administrator rights.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
cmiller66
in reply to: mayur123186

Hi Mayur,

Easiest possible solution first, if you expand that button in the lower right with the little gear icon do you have options for Mechanical, Structure, and Mechanical Classic?  If you do, select Mechanical and you should see the ribbon as expected.

If that doesn't fix the problem, type the command CUILOAD at the commandline and see what the list of Loaded Customization Groups says, it should say something like AMACAD, AMPP, AUTODESKSEEK and VAULT (if that's installed).

Does that do it for you?  Even without Admin rights this should work.  If this still doesn't work, did you migrate your settings from an earlier release? 

Thanks,
Chris Miller
AutoCAD Test Development

Message 3 of 14

Message 4 of 14
mayur123186
in reply to: cmiller66

Hi Chris,

Thanks for Ur reply. In my case i don't see any option like Mechanical, Structural or Mechanical classic in the workspace switching icon.

Also when I run CUILOAD command the list show only VAULT in loaded customization group.

Also i never did any thing like migrate setting from earlier release.

As I already said the AutoCAD is working fine in administrator login. If there is some other solution please tell me.

Thanks and regards,

Mayur

Message 5 of 14

Hi Jos

Thanks for ur contribution. I didn't understand the language, and what i understood from the images  I tried that and that didn't worked.

Thanks and regards,

Mayur

Message 6 of 14
cmiller66

Hi Mayur,

Please try this:

1.  CUIUNLOAD > Select Vault in the list and Unload > Close

2.  CUILOAD > (the list should be completely empty now) > Browse... > This should open to the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2010\R18.0\enu\Acadm

3.  Select acadm.cuix > Open > Load > Close

4.  Now expand the little gear icon in the lower right and select Mechanical > The ribbon should appear

NOTE: If step 2 doesn't go directly to that folder, you may need to browse to that folder, and if that's the case you may need to turn on "show hidden files/folders" in Windows Explorer to get there.

If this doesn't work or if that folder doesn't exist you may have had a problem with the install.  Even though you don't have Admin rights, you should get these files installed correctly into your profile when you go to launch the product the first time.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 7 of 14
mayur123186

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lotSmiley Happy. Your idea worked.

Thanks and regards,

Mayur

Message 8 of 14
mayur123186

Hi Chris,

As I said solution you suggested worked for me.... But I am facing a new problem,

Now I have to follow the procedure u mentioned everyday to make the ribbon work properly.

Also the Mechanical option that u have mentioned is not appearing in the gear Icon in the bottom right corner.

Is there any permanent solution to this?Smiley Indifferent

Thanks and Regards,

Mayur

Message 9 of 14
Algeee

What is the answer for getting AutoCAD to peranently remember these settings?  Using Mechanical 2009.

Regards

Alan

Message 10 of 14
Algeee

The required settings have stuck, thankfully.

Message 11 of 14
bjornhgr

Even three years later, this post just saved my day! I have a program running in AutoCAD to do bridge modelling that suddenly unloaded all Autocad tabs on startup. Using your description, unloading the additional software, reloading all ACAD stuff and then adding the add-in got it all back to normal. Thanks a lot!

bMan

Message 12 of 14
j.bulgan

i type in cuiload. then i go to browse. but there is no acadm.cuiz file in there. please help me!!

Message 13 of 14
richielee84

This thread helping people since 2010!

Message 14 of 14
srkharvi

Thanks,

I did CUIUNLOAD

and then CUILOAD

it worked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost