AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power dimensioning

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
AnthonyMarinello1977
5120 Views, 4 Replies

power dimensioning

After I dimension anything I recieve this dialoge box for power dimensioning.  Is there any way of turning this feature off?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi, Are you referring to power dimensioning dialog?

If yes, you may turn it off using command options>>AM:Standard tab>>Under Standard Elements>>Double click "Dimension"

a.png 

from "Display dimension text editor" dropdown>>select "Only on demand" option>>OK

b.png

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 5

That was it thank you from saving me from this frustration.
Message 4 of 5

this did not work for me for some reason. is there something else i can do to disable 'power dimensioning'??

Message 5 of 5

someone helped me with my problem and heres the solution.

Hi,

For dimension single selection, you can delete the contextual ribbon in CUI dialog ->Ribbon->Contextual Tab States->Dimension Selected.

If you don't want to see this powerdim in-place-editor, you can set AMPOWERDIMEDITOR to 0. Then you will use classic power dimensioning dialog.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost