AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

partreference & BOM

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
leandrav
323 Views, 5 Replies

partreference & BOM

Hi,

Is is possible to create partrefences and BOM's that can be carried from one draing to the next?

For instance if i create on drawing of ALL the items i use & in there create a part ref & BOM for it can it be taken to a new drawing?

thanks,

Leandra

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
andrew30
in reply to: leandrav

I would start by exporting the BOM
Message 3 of 6
leandrav

I am not sure how that would help me.

Can you maybe explain?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
andrew30

This might not be relevant to your application but I would try exporting the BOM and importing it into the other drawing. Probably an easier way to do what you need, maybe someone else can help.

Message 5 of 6
leandrav

It doesn't give me any drawing formatts to export to & therefore won't import what I have exported into another drawing.... unless i am doing something wrong

Message 6 of 6
michaelsu

Hello Leandra,

When you create part reference, you can see there is a function called BOM Attach, which you can attach BOM from external part/assembly drawing. You can create a part reference in new drawing and BOM attach the drawing. Not sure if this is what you want?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost